We're an online event ticketing company, based in Smyrna, TN, that specializes in Christian concerts and air shows. We are looking for an experienced developer to help both with developing new features and in bringing our legacy codebase up to modern standards.
In this role, you will work closely with the stakeholders in a small team to bring a legacy code base up to modern standards, as well as to develop next generation features in the event ticketing space. Your day to day will involve a mix of developing new features, as well as debugging / modernizing existing code with a skew initially towards modernizing the code base.
THE TECH STACK
Our tech stack is primarily PHP, CodeIgniter, and MySQL, all running on Amazon AWS.
- PHP w/ framework experience (preferably CodeIgniter / Laravel)
- ORM experience (Doctrine, Eloquent)
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of source control (Git)
- Basic Linux skills
- Proficient in writing unit tests and TDD
- Knowledge of PHP Security (e.g., how to avoid SQL injection / XSS etc)
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Solid debugging capabilities
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver on committed timelines with a keen focus on driving high quality results
NICE TO HAVE
- Docker experience
- Amazon AWS experience
- Experience writing / consuming APIs
- WordPress plugin development experience
- Knowledge of newer versions of JS (ES6+)
While not mandatory, candidates are strongly encouraged to provide samples of previously written code (preferably using github.com / gitlab.com / bitbucket.org etc.) as well as relevant social profiles (for example stackoverflow).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year