Responsible for the daily care and supervision of the classroom and the children. Will need Immunization record. TDAP & MMR must be current (within 10 years).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide for the care and safety of children in a loving, nurturing and supportive environment.
- Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and storytelling for both classroom and outside time.
- Build children’s esteem by establishing routines, providing positive guidance and re-direction.
- Interact with children during inside and outdoor activities, moving from area to area, to ensure proper supervision and observation.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable and respected.
- Implement positive discipline when required (no yelling, negative, demeaning or threatening responses).
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand while treating them with respect and dignity.
- Assist and supervise children during all activities throughout the school day. Prepare and implement childcare plans, classroom lesson plans/programs, organization and schedule.
- Ensure that appearance, cleanliness and safety of the classroom is appropriately maintained.
- Make self available and adhere to children’s needs and services. Assist children with toileting, hand washing, snacks, meals, and clean up.
- Create with parents, the infant/toddler needs and services plans and provide services as is appropriate. Complete all classroom/center paperwork in a timely manner, i.e., daily notes, attendance records, accident reports, etc.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, center events, parent meetings, and assist in event planning and implementation. Plan and provide instructional aids/materials for classroom activities.
- Ensure that all classroom/outdoor equipment and supplies are in good and safe working order and are used and maintained properly.
- Communicate with supervisor all school issues and those involving individual children and parents. Communicate, verbally and in writing, information to parents when appropriate. Maintain developmental progress checklists. Maintain all classroom bulletin boards as appropriate or as requested. Update needs and service plans quarterly.
- Administer medication as prescribed and record appropriately. Conduct all activities in a sanitary manner to maximize infection control. Sanitize items daily that have been in mouths or have been in contact with bodily fluids.
- Interact with families, other staff, visitors and guests with friendliness, courtesy and respect at all times.
- Meet all state requirements for the position. Perform all other duties as may be assigned by lead teacher, supervisor, Director, COO or CEO.
A current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential with the appropriate age level endorsement issued by the CDA National Credentialing Program or a Children’s Center permit issued by the state of California Commission on Teacher Preparation and Licensing. A minimum of 18 years of age and a current pediatric CPR and pediatric First Aid certification.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Twelve (12) post secondary semester or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education completed at an accredited or approved college or university and for infant teachers, at least three (3) of the twelve units must be related to the care of infants and toddlers. At least one year of work experience in a licensed day care center or comparable day care program.
Must be able to push, pull, lift and carry up to 20 pounds, unassisted, on a frequent basis. Occasionally, will need to lift and carry up to 30 pounds unassisted. Position requires the performance as simple motor skill activities such as walking, standing and bending. Must have full use of arms, hands and legs. Must be able to walk, stand, squat, stand for long periods, bend over tables, climb stairs, reach above shoulders, and kneel. Must be able to identify objects visually at a distance of 20 feet, distinguish normal sounds where there is some background noise, and be able to speak clearly and make self-understood.
Position’s work area is a classroom environment with no particular negative environmental conditions.
Child Care / Intergenerational Director and Assistant Director of Childcare
St. Paul's is the leading provider of caring senior services since 1960. We have locations throughout San Diego County including 5 in San Diego (Bankers Hill), 2 in Chula Vista, and 1 in El Cajon. St. Paul's strives to be the most outstanding and innovative senior home and service provider in California. We are dedicated to serving the physical, spiritual and social needs of the elderly and community, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the highest quality facilities, health care and programs consistent with affordable costs.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
We also accept applications in person at 328 Maple Street, San Diego, CA 92103.
To learn more about St. Paul’s Senior Services, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer