Medical Director Needed for a Growing PACE Center in Sacramento
Become a Care Partner--Join a team of leaders dedicated to driving clients towards health and rehabilitation!
Who We Are
Care Partners Medical Group is a partner with PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) to redefine senior care. Each participant works with a team of medical experts to develop a care plan that is personalized and regularly updated to meet their evolving medical and social needs. Senior care is not ‘one size fits all,’ which is why each participant has a customized PACE experience to meet their individual needs.
Care Partners Medical Group Sacramento PACE opened in 2020 and serves approximately 150 seniors. The center features a winding hallway that includes historic California art. The center also has a clinical exercise program and a program for participants to learn more about the Internet and social media so they can stay digitally connected to friends and family. The outdoor patio is a participant favorite, hosting activities like morning Tai Chi, tea parties and afternoon gardening. Other popular events are karaoke and the annual three-day luau, which includes a Hawaiian barbeque, live Polynesian dancers, limbo, and more.
What We Offer
- Quality of Life - Monday through Friday schedule that emphasizes work-life balance
- Benefits - Comprehensive benefits package including paid days off
- Development - Mentoring from the Care Partners leadership team
- Education - CME allowance & paid CME time off, ongoing online and in-person training
The Medical Director of InnovAge Greater California PACE (Program for All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) is responsible for leading, planning, directing, monitoring, and improving the overall performance for assigned clinics to achieve excellence in the delivery of daily operations. The Medical Director engages staff and cultivate a positive clinic culture that prioritizes human kindness and patient-centric care. They are accountable for operational, clinical, quality, and business development activities throughout the medical clinic.
40% Managerial Duties
- Oversees the development of assigned clinic and regularly manages improvement projects. Accountable for operational, financial, and business development activities.
- Takes ownership of and drives needed improvement in all aspects of operations, including clinic productivity, patient and provider satisfaction/experience, community efforts, and serves as the local representative for the area.
- Utilizes administrative time to provide chart and utilization review on patient cases to ensure quality care is provided in compliance to protocol established by PACE.
60% Clinical Duties
- Provides medical care to PACE participants, including the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of their medical conditions. Day-to-day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Examination of medical history
- Performance of physical examinations
- Authorization and interpretation of diagnostic tests
- Assessment of conditions and treatment plans
- Prescribing reconciliation of medications
- Documentation of medical records
- Coordinates after-hours telephonic medical coverage rotation as needed.
- Presents input into, initiates and/or facilities new medical programs and processes in support of PACE’s strategic goals.
- M.D. or D.O. from U.S. medical school
- Licensed and board-certified in California
- Updated and active DEA
- Specialty in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine preferred; geriatrics is a plus
- At least least 5 years of experience in related field and 3 years of management experience preferred
Opportunities for Growth and Success
- Diversity & Inclusion - We value the individual connections and collective efforts in creating a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative space to set the foundations for future progress.
- Holism – We demonstrate a patient-centric approach when interacting with co-workers, participants, clients, and all other business contacts through Care Partners’ pillars of love, empathy, and compassion.
- Autonomy – You will be completing responsibilities with minimal direct supervision with the expectation that you will achieve goals and objectives of the organization under varying circumstances.
- Foundational Impact – By joining our team, you will be a part of a rapidly growing, forward-thinking organization. You get to play a critical role in directly supporting the organization’s mission, vision, and values. Your continuous efforts and opportunities to improve efficiency, take initiative, and collaborate with fellow leaders could be the determining factor leading to high strides in the organization’s growth.
For questions, please contact:
Anna Kim - 949.522.9467
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $300,000.00 - $375,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Medical License in CA (Preferred)
- BC/BE in Family or Internal Medicine (Preferred)
Work Location: In person