Full Job Description
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Analyst, Commodity Management on our Commodity team in Franklin, MA.
Support Commodity Management activities with Contract Manufacturer responsible for Enterprise Storage products. Lead quarterly RFQ process with Contract Manufacturers. Provides project support, cost management and development support of commodity supplier strategy. Assists in driving RFQ process to determine recommended supplier selection finalists. Supports the establishment of current business requirements and service strategy as applicable
- Responsible for supplier scorecards and driving suppliers to improve their scorecard performance
- May lead supplier cost negotiations to achieve quarter over quarter and yearly cost reduction targets
- Develops and maintains supplier relationships
- Responsible to maintain contact with key suppliers
- Lead supplier RFQs and contract negotiations
- Provide financial and business analysis as needed
- 2+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent experience
- Negotiation, supply chain & supplier management skills
- Supplier evaluation and contract development skills
- Price and cost analysis skills. Proficient in Excel
- Market research and trend analysis skills
- Component level supply chain analysis skills
- Familiar with using Clean sheet methodology
Materials requirements and capacity planning analysis skills a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Come join us! For More Information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Manufacturing Materials-&-Procurement Job ID: R047383