The Business Development Director is focused on generating and qualifying leads and working those leads through-out the lifecycle of the opportunity. This role develops tangible business opportunities resulting in adding new clients to the Aimia Loyalty portfolio. This requires a strong knowledge of Aimia business and clients around the world, the company story and value proposition, how to effectively position Aimia in prospect pitches. The performance of the role will be evaluated by the ability to generate qualified opportunities and the ability to close the new clients for Aimia.
Represent Aimia Loyalty POV and Capabilities in prospect discussions using approved content, Aimia White Papers and other Aimia IP.
Learn and understand the business issues of the prospect and their high level business model for the purpose of selecting the appropriate archival content and developing new with practice leaders as necessary to create a compelling the pitch and proposal.
Understand the prospects key financial indicators necessary to measure performance of a potential loyalty schema.
- Perform lead generation activities such as prospecting and representing Aimia Loyalty POV and, through speaking at, attending or running workshops at approved conferences.
Drive results by aggressively pursuing new business targets and taking decisive action in high-stake situations or conditions of uncertainty and finds ways to apply innovative ideas. Gets results that have a direct, sustained, positive impact on business performance.
Understand and work within the organizational Business Development Process.
Build relationships with key decision making stakeholders within each of our targeted prospects.
Senior business leaders in loyalty, marketing, procurement including C-Suite prospects in each of those disciplines
Build relationships with key internal personnel and subject matter experts from around the globe to help advance your sales efforts.
Provide regular reporting in the success measures of the conferences and makes on-going recommendations for new/changes.
- Manage the incoming Business Development Pipeline (RFP/RFI, referrals, leads from conferences, Aimia web inquiries and leads assigned by VP).
- Create and lead the development of the Target List in collaboration with the VP and the rest of the team.
- Develop and manage the Business Development Qualification Process, leading the team in creation of the process and ensuring adherence to the process meeting target dates set by department VP.
- Lead projects such as the automation of Salesforce, establishing a qualification process, and thought leadership efforts.
- Achieve new business goals through business development strategy, proposal/presentation development, client satisfaction and client retention.
- Manage own set of leads, handling the process from start to finish, following up on leads, creating proposals, and closing the opportunity.
- Demonstrate collaboration by proactively assisting in other client pitches as needed.
Innovation and Leadership
Using knowledge gained through prospect discussions and high level loyalty industry understanding, recommend appropriate enhancements to our service offerings, work with the product owners to ensure what we learn is mapped to our product development pipeline.
Act as mentor and guide to team, coaching them on business development qualification, closing business and other related tasks.
Manage the hand-off of sold work to the Client Services for seamless transition of the sold work. This may require assisting in execution of some project activity and relationships until there is a confidence level established for transition.
- Build strong internal relationships by fostering a culture of collaboration and teamwork across the organization.
- Act as a role model by creating an agile, change-adept culture, responding resourcefully to new demands, priorities, challenges or obstacles.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- BA/BS degree required or 10 plus years of relevant business experience; MBA preferred
- 10+ years in a business development; desired candidate will have experience selling loyalty marketing across all verticals specifically within retail. Solution selling experience and/or formal training required.
- Must have a high degree of business acumen with demonstrated success generating and closing new business
- Extensive problem solving skills
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships with clients and across organizations
- Flexibility to travel as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent strategic, conceptual, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate client needs and expectations into innovative strategy and effective solutions