The Warehouse Associate at Baldor DC is responsible for the efficient movement, selecting, loading of food products, accurate scanning, accurate transactions, timely documentation and maintenance of the facility up to FDA standards. Repetitive lifting, visual identification, and an understanding of labeling practices are key fundamentals. Individual is required to accurately select and carefully handle product as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Select proper product from designated warehouse area (bins/shelves)
- Handle and package product carefully and in a sanitary manner
- At the supervisor’s discretion, stack product for loading with care for potential damage control
- Build pallets
- Shrink wrap finished pallets for final loading
- Complete pick documentation, productivity worksheets, and identify product selected for individual customers
- Maintain proper housekeeping standards for all work areas
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- Report any product damage or loss to supervisor
- Receive and pick orders from order sheet
- Unload the OTR truck
- Break the pallet
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on pallets for delivery
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses.
- Maintain clean work environment order to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Examine and inspect stock items for defects, reporting any damage to supervisors
- Operate a forklift and/or a pallet jack, to transport items from one location to another location
Speed, accuracy and safety are paramount to successfully meet the requirements of the position
Requires the ability to do repetitive lifting of 5 to 20 lbs. constantly, 15 to 30 lbs. frequently, and 30 to 50 lbs. occasionally. Must be able to stand and walk 7 to 10 hours per day.
Equipment/Programs used to Perform Job:
Powered pallet jacks, hand pumping jacks, stock picker, forklift, box cutter, RF Scanner
Education / Skills:
- Ability to read English language at High School 9 th grade level
- Prior warehousing experience in a food environment preferred
- Electric pallet jack, order picker
- Normal warehouse conditions. The employee is subject to repetitive bending, lifting and moving up to 100 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must be able to work in various temperatures, freezer (-35), grocery, and cooler (30 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The employee must be able to stand, walk and climb stairs for extended periods of time.
- The employee must be mobile.
- Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the start-up, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
- Must submit to and pass a drug screen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.