Job Title: Contract Installation Manager (CIM)
Reports To: Program Manager (PM)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: September 2019
The Contractor Installation Manager (CIM) is responsible to the Contractor’s Program Manager (PM) for the efficient and effective operation of the Soldier for Life-Transitioning Assistance Program (SFL-TAP) Center. The CIM serves as the leader of the contractor’s team and will also work as advisor/counselor to assist clients with navigating the required mandates to become Career Ready and to track progress of those transitioning. The CIM is also a responsible for providing SFL-TAP services to eligible individuals and complying with the requirements of Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) and Career Readiness Standards (CSR).
Essential Functions of the Position:
·Serve as the primary point of contact with the Government and manage operations at the installation level.
· Coordinate, and ensure VOW/CRS services are conducted and documented in accordance to PWS.
· Assist with marketing the SFL-TAP, participate in marketing and public affairs activities.
·Prepare required monthly reports and administrative documents.
·Serve as the contractor’s intermediary for communications with the Installation Commander and his or her representatives.
·Create an effective working relationship with Commanders, installation staff and leaders, and Service Providers.
· Plan and direct employer outreach programs.
· Ensure Preparation Briefings are scheduled and properly executed.
· Ensure that the DD Form 2648 (eForm) is completed for each transitioning client.
· Perform follow-up on individual transition plans as appropriate.
·Comply with installation rules and regulations applying to the operation of any facility including regulations applying to, but not limited to safety, security, and energy conservation.
·Help clients use the automated and non-automated resources effectively. Provide instruction on automated tools to include TAPXXI.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of VOW/CSR mandates and requirements.
·Knowledge of a variety of computer software.
· Proficient skills in management and training.
· Maintain methods and techniques for professional record keeping and writing.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication,facilitation, conflict and mediation skills.
· Leadership and mentoring skills.
· Ability to research, collect data and possess excellent reporting skills.
· Ability to effectively plan, implement,and manage assigned programs and functions.
·Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
·Ability to exercise a great deal of independent judgement.
·Ensure that staff provides high quality customer service and transition counseling services to SFL-TAP Center clients.
·Coordinate site visits headquarters staff members. Inform and assist the DGR in making necessary arrangements. Serve as a liaison with area agencies, colleges and vocational schools.
·Ensure that all contractor employee’s complete all mandatory Government training (to include annual requirements) and safeguard PII.
· Review work performed in TAPXXI by counseling staff; review progress of transitioning clients and work with Government representatives whenever issues with Commanders prevent transitioning clients from using SFL-TAP program.
·Effectively and efficiently manage the personnel and materials.
·Master’s degree PREFERRED in Training and Development, HR Management, Counseling, or related field and minimum 2 years career counseling, education, or related experience. Bachelor's Degree accepted with experience.
· Applicants must successfully undergo a background investigation (National Agency Check).
·Experience managing personnel at one or more sites. Ability to meet and correspond regularly with a Government counterpart.
· Experience coordinating transition activities with the local DGR to support overall mission goals. Accountable for ensuring requirements accomplished in accordance with the PWS/ PRS and completed on time at all sites.
·Experience safeguarding confidential information, handling PII and complying with the Privacy Act and all applicable agency regulations on individual privacy, to include DoD Directive 5400.
· Experience conducting QC checks and ensuring training requirements are met.
· Experience working directly with clients.
Some positions may require work OCONUS.
Red River Science &Technology, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract