The Design Lead will be responsible for managing transportation design projects, primarily for State and Municipal clients, soliciting design projects and otherwise developing design business. Furthermore, the Design Lead will assist in training and mentoring of design staff and assist with the growth of the West Palm Beach Office/Florida Region.
- Provide senior-level technical expertise regarding all aspects of highway/roadway geometric design, pavement evaluation and design, conventional drainage design, stormwater management design, preparation of erosion and sediment control plans, stormwater permitting, environmental permitting, utility coordination and design, preparation of signing and pavement marking plans, traffic control and staging plans, cross sections and preparation of final construction plans and specifications
- Responsible for the technical and overall project management for multiple transportation design projects involving highway widening, roadway reconstruction, new highway/roadway alignments, complete streets design, intersection improvements, trail design and elements of transit design
- Identify, pursue, and obtain new transportation design projects, new clients, expand design services, and assist with the development of the design group.
- Represent McMahon Associates, at public and agency meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The position requires leadership skills, exceptional technical and interpersonal skills, and frequent interaction with both public sector and private sector clients.
- Technical proficiency in geometric design using current standards, specifications and methods for highway, roadway and trail projects.
- Exposure to complex highway design projects a must, with knowledge of structural/bridge design, a plus
- Knowledge of permitting requirements. Experience with stormwater permitting.
- Proven experience managing projects having had direct coordination with the FDOT Consultant Management and/or In-house FDOT staff
- Experience managing sub-consultants.
- Attendance at client meetings, presentations and public hearings.
- Capable of training and developing a design staff.
- Experience with design/build projects, a plus.
- Possess outstanding written & verbal communication skills.
- Business development skill and business savvy.
- Proficient in Microstation. 3D corridor modeling, a plus. Knowledge of AutoCAD, a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of engineering design software, MS Word, MS Excel, and other relevant technical programs.
- BSCE (MSCE desired) in Civil Engineering with Transportation emphasis
- Currently Project Manager with at least 15 years of progressive experience in transportation design
- Florida Advanced Work Zone Traffic Control Certification
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Roadway Design: 5 years (Required)