The Plastek Group is seeking a Plastic Molding Technician in Rockingham, NC (physical address is in Hamlet, NC). This position requires an adaptive individual with a diverse range of skills, experience and abilities. Determines molding process problems while finding the best solution for the technical aspect of the molding machine, product and quality procedures. This is individual must have strong communication skills due to the interaction between various groups. Computer skills and the use of some applications software are required.
Shifts available: 1st shift, 2 shift, 3rd shift, Day shift and Night shift available
Plastics Molding Technician Hours Duties:
- Check all auxiliary equipment including the dryers, thermolators, chillers, etc.
- Assure that all equipment is working and the filters are clean
- Responsible for the work order request for maintenance for the equipment.
- Responsible for the startup and shut down of the presses.
- Clean molds in area.
- Submit work order when starting up a job.
- Review the job requirements with personnel responsible for the running job.
- Complete the first piece checklist.
- Respond to all corrective actions as quickly as possible.
- Keep all processes up to date. If changes are made to the process, record the reason for the change on the molding log. Record down hours, and codes.
Plastics Molding Technician Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Must have 5+ years of injection molding experience
- Technicians must have completed Plastics Mold Set Up training, Plastics Mold Processing and/or Troubleshooting courses or have or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of injection molding and operation of Cincinnati, Ferromatik Milacron and Husky equipment.
- Experience with high volume multi-cavity stack molds and hot runner controllers preferred.
- Ability to work with all auxiliary equipment including dryers, thermolators, chillers, etc.
Plastics Molding Technician Benefits:
- Pay depends on experience
- High Tech work environment - very clean, organized, air-conditioned factory
- Pay rates range from $15 to $20 per hour
- Differential of $.35 for night shift
- Full Time with voluntary overtime available
- First 90-day probation and annual performance reviews
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Free dental & vision insurance
- Free life insurance
- Health Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Steel Toe Shoe Reimbursement Program
- Wellness program
- Safe work environment
- Smoke and drug-free workplace
Indeed Hire and The Plastek Group are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- injection molding: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- RJG certification or equivalent (Preferred)