Crowe’s dynamic and entrepreneurial Washington National Tax Group within the National Tax Office incorporates a team-based approach to deliver specialized federal tax consulting to clients ranging from middle market companies to the Fortune 500. The group is currently searching for a manager to focus primarily specialized tax consulting and research of tax technical issues but may also work in other areas. The candidate will also play a supporting role in Crowe’s tax publications. A successful candidate will be prepared to assist the current leadership in expanding revenue by working with practice offices on existing clients and external opportunities coming through our business development team and possess the following skills:
Strong tax technical and research skills in federal taxation. Areas of importance include C and S corporations, partnerships, inventory valuation and accounting methods. Experience in one or more of these areas is required.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Identify value-added opportunities and work in a team environment to develop business
- Proven leadership and project management skills in managing client service teams and multiple projects in a fast-paced and interactive team environment to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Strong data management skills, including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to mentor and develop staff and seniors, including on the job technical training and coaching
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Personal drive to develop self/others and provide leadership insight to the existing leadership team
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
Bachelor's degree in accounting
MST or JD is a plus
At least 5 years of experience in a tax technical role; strong preference for national CPA firm experience.
Moderate travel may be required