01/17/2020 - 01/24/2020
Maintenance & Grounds
Headquarters Facilities Department
Employment with the physical facilities of the Church provides a meaningful work experience because employees help to build the kingdom.
Do you want to get your foot in the door with Church employment, working in an incredibly uplifting environment that is unmatched?
Have you ever wanted to see what its like to work at the buildings on Temple Square?
Is this you?
Wants to get your foot in the door with Church employment.
Wants to work in an amazing environment that starts their shifts off with a prayer each day.
Wants to make a difference by serving in the Lord’s kingdom.
Enjoys the benefits of working hard and seeing the fruits of your labor.
Wants to develop your skills and talents by learning how to become a professional cleaner and taking advantage of the various talent development programs that we offer.
Takes pride in what you do.
If this sounds like you please click "Apply Now" ASAP so that we can meet with you soon!
The purpose of this position is to "seek to bring forth and establish the cause of Zion."
Eliminate distractions in a safe and efficient manner by keeping assigned areas in clean, sanitized, and orderly condition. May be assigned to help with grounds, special events, or other manual labor duties.
Part Time Custodian:
Purpose is to keep assigned buildings in clean, sanitized, and orderly condition.
We have the following shift times and locations available:
Monday - Friday Swing Shift 9pm - 1am Temple Square, SLC, UT - must be willing to work rotating weekends (every 7th Saturday), and events and holidays as scheduled
Monday - Friday Swing Shift 9:30pm - 1:30am Temple Square, SLC, UT - must be willing to work rotating weekends (every 7th Saturday), and events and holidays as scheduled
Swing Shift Compensation:
$12.25/hr + $1.00/hr Grave Shift Differential
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION WITHOUT MEDICAL BENEFITS
This position does not qualify for students required to work on the LDSBC Campus.**
Typical duties may include:
- Clean offices, restrooms, public areas, etc. as instructed including fixtures such as sinks, toilets, tubs, showers, mirrors, air vents, furniture, equipment, window sills, walls, etc.
- Operate mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, buffers, large scrubbers and sweepers, and extraction equipment, etc.
- Sanitize areas, furnishings, or fixtures as instructed
- Wet or damp mop floors
- Dust or polish furnishings, light fixtures, window sills, wood paneling, etc.
- Spot clean carpets, rugs and upholstery
- Dispose of trash, waste, and other materials
- Perform emergency cleanups including floods, bodily fluids, spills, etc.
- Restock supplies
- Move furniture, supplies, and miscellaneous equipment
- Remove leaves or snow
- On call responsibilities may be required
- Report safety or security issues and needed repairs
- Perform other duties and attend meetings as assigned
Complexity – Entry-level work.
Autonomy – Perform work under direct supervision. Perform self-directed work per strict department processes; refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
Leadership or Supervision of Others – None
Environment – May require working in damp, dusty, and/or dirty areas. May require work with various cleaning solvents and chemicals.
- Previous experience or knowledge preferred but not required
- Ability to understand basic instructions, complete basic tasks, and handle basic issues and problems
- Ability to independently lift and position objects weighing as much as 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat, stoop, push, pull, twist, bend, and perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with others as well as alone without constant supervision. Must have a positive attitude with the ability to work as a team.
- Ability to understand English for general communication, video training, building security, and safety. Also, must be capable of understanding instructions both verbally and in writing and able to ask clarifying questions as needed.
- Must comply with all regulations associated with the handling of chemicals
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
All positions are subject to close without notice.