Paralegal/Legal Secretary with strong background in estates, LLT, real estate, litigation, collection & matrimonial for Bayport office.
Experienced person needed for estate work, landlord tenant matters, collection matters, matrimonial matters, real estate transactions and general litigation.
- Consult with and advise clients as to their legal rights and responsibilities and ensure they are properly represented and legally protected depending on their matter.
- Respond to and answer questions from clients, attorneys, title companies, realtors and mortgage brokers.
- Negotiate and finalize residential & commercial real estate transactions, prepare contracts and supporting legal documents for recording purposes including Power of Attorney's, deeds, affidavits, boundary line agreements, possession agreements, RP-5217, TP-584, etc.
- Review title reports to ensure clear title for closing purposes on behalf of buyers and sellers.
- Correspond with clients, attorneys, bank, title agencies and courts.
- Organize and schedule real estate closings.
- Calculate closing costs and expenses for buyers and sellers
- Maintain and update attorney's calendar, schedule meetings, depositions and court dates.
Communicate and meet with clients regarding the death of their loved one; able to gather the information needed to file Probate/Administration petition with Surrogate's Court; familiar with filing fees and familiar with e-filing Probate, Administration and Small Estates petitions; follow up with court personnel, clients, etc.; obtain federal identification numbers; obtain releases of liens and other NYS forms for transfer of property; familiar with different deeds and other transfer documents for transfer.
Communication with clients regarding information needed to prepare Landlord/Tenant Petition; familiar with court jurisdictions and forms; familiar with filing fees.; familiar with obtaining transcripts and filing with County Clerk offices; familiar with processing eviction notices and filing with Sheriff for execution.
Communication with clients regarding District Court Summons and Complaints; familiar with difference complaints and jurisdictional matters. Familiar with obtaining transcripts and filing of same with County Clerk; familiar with obtaining information subpoena and income executions and property executions.
Ability to communicate with client in regards to questionnaire; familiar with court procedures in uncontested matrimonial matters; familiar with jurisdiction and court forms and filing fees.
Familiar with different court jurisdictions, summons, complaints, answers, pleadings, affidavits of service, blue backs, court forms, etc.
Able to maintain calendar and able to draft letters to the courts and other attorneys.
NOTARY PUBLIC A MUST
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time