Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period:
TX > SUGAR LAND > ST LUKE SUGAR LAND
St. Luke’s Sugar Land Hospital is an acute care hospital offering medical and surgical services to the Fort Bend community. Clinical services include heart and vascular, gastroenterology, neurosciences, diagnostic imaging, women services, orthopedics, and surgical services including the latest in robotic surgery technology, the da Vinci® Xi. The hospital offers The University of Texas MD Anderson Regional Care Center on its campus. Sugar Land Hospital is a Pink Ribbon Facility offering 3-D digital mammography-one of only 100 sites in the United States.
Responsible for utilizing knowledge derived from biological, physical, and social sciences to assist the Manager ensure the effective delivery of nursing care.
1. Assists in coordinating the O.R. schedule
2. Consults in a variety of patient care situations requiring advanced competency and knowledge
3. Serves as a clinical resource for problem solving and Assists staff with patient-related issues and emergency situations
4. Collaborates with other departments and multiple patient care services such as Post-Anesthesia Care, Biomed, Facilities Engineering, and Anesthesia to facilitate case progression, and ensure special requirements and quality nursing care for the patient
5. Serves as a role model and Assists into developing staff competence in the delivery of nursing care based on national professional standards and Perioperative Services policies and procedures
6. Identifies non-compliance and demonstrates correct application of hospital policies and procedures. Refers to Policy and Procedure Manual as necessary for problem-solving
7. Assists in cost management, including participation in product evaluation and inventory management, room turnover and utilization
Education and Licensure Required:
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Two (2) years of operating room experience
CHI St. Luke's Sugar Land Hospital