McDonald Uniforms, a leading Public Safety Uniform supplier, has been an established retailer/distributor for more than 45 years. Our customers are; law enforcement officers, correction officers, fire service professionals, transit employees, just to name a few. Customers that we are very proud to serve. We are recruiting for an experienced retail sales associate who is seeking opportunity for great career growth to join our team in our Philadelphia store.
**** Come to our location at 3019 Darnell Road Philadelphia, PA 19154 to drop off application and Resume ****
- Maintain necessary files and documentation.
- Check goods against shipping documents and authorizations,
- Pack goods for shipment according to specifications,
- Post weight and shipping charges and attach information and shipping instructions on to boxes.
- Follow detailed procedures to perform routine packing work.
- Pick and package a variety of printed materials or print related items that require a variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- Consolidate various items for shipment in accordance with standard operating instructions.
- Count and sort various product items.
- Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages and handling boxes for final product.
- Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to specified schedule.
- May prepare shipments of customer samples.REQUIRED SKILLS
- Must be able to read and understand job and mailing specification, shipping codes, critical numbering system and work orders
- Must have skill in reading specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders.
- Must have excellent knowledge of routine and non-routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures.
- Must have skill in using a variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- Must have knowledge of shipping documents and ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes.
- Must have skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units of issue, weight, quantity, and labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials and equipment.
- Must have skill in basic arithmetic and standard formulas to determine size and volume of packing containers and materials.
- Must have skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely
- Must have good communication skills both oral and written.
- Must be able to operate a forklift. Certification is preferred but not required.
- Must work well with others in a team environment.
- Must have good computer skills. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Experience must demonstrate ability to read, understand and carry out written instructions.
- Experience must demonstrate ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Must have experience in dealing with FedEx, UPS, USPS and shipping companies
- AT LEAST 2 YEARS OF SHIPPING EXPERIENCE BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Earned paid time off
Employee Assistance Program
Life and Disability Insurance
McDonald Uniforms Mission Statement:
We are committed to developing long-term customers through the delivery of uncompromising personal service. We will achieve our mission by: Knowing and understanding our client's needs, providing timely and reliable service, supplying quality and innovative products, displaying professional integrity in all that we do and encouraging employee growth and well-being.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour (Dependant on work abilities and experience
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Shipping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Packing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Philadelphia, PA 19154 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma