The Research Engineer will be responsible for the development of new processes, methods, and procedures and will use your research and industrial background to advance sustainable recycling of metals and critical materials back into the manufacturing supply chain.
Aqua Metals believes that the only path to achieving global emissions targets is a combination of electrifying transportation that is recharged with renewable electricity and sustainably recycling the lithium-ion batteries with renewable electricity. To that end, Aqua Metals is developing cleaner metals recycling that can deliver high-value raw materials back into the battery manufacturing supply chain while reducing emissions and waste streams and creating safer work environments.
We are the only company that has developed a commercially proven, sustainable, closed-loop metal recycling process, and Aqua Metals is applying its commercialized clean, water-based recycling technology principles to develop the cleanest and most cost-efficient recycling solution for lithium-ion batteries. Our technology will produce higher quality products at a lower operating cost without the damaging effects of furnaces, chemical waste streams, and greenhouse emissions.
- Design and develop new processes and technologies for the sustainable recycling of metals and critical materials back into the manufacturing supply chain.
- Design experiments, develop test procedures, and assess results to evaluate feasibility, cost and provide technical info.
- Collaborate with process chemists, engineers, lab technicians, and other team members to develop world class technologies and methods.
- Perform routine analytical tests such as filtrations, separations, titrations, pH, etc.
- Operate laboratory equipment including pH meters, temperature sensors, AA, ICP, uv-vis, etc.
- Develop and document test plans and procedures.
- Develop and document analytical methods on systems such as AA, ICP, uv-vis, XRF, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of funding applications and directed research programs as required.
- Keep up to date with recent scientific and technical developments.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education:
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in chemistry, electrochemistry, physics, chemical engineering, materials science, or similar field (preferred)
- 5 to 10 years industrial or research experience in relevant areas such as hydrometallurgy, chemical analysis, process scale- up, electrochemistry, or battery materials.
- Ability to conduct chemical experiments and large-scale reactions
- Ability to operate laboratory instruments, including AA and ICP
- Strong analytical and math skis and strong written and verbal communications.
- Ability to safely travel domestically and internationally; ability to meet all legal, safety, and other requirements for domestic and international travel. Must have valid passport.
- Additional language skills preferred/bi-lingual or multi-lingual (not required but a plus).
- Member of ACS, AICHE, ASME, or SME(preferred).
Exceptional Total Compensation offering:
- Generous relocation package- as needed
- $10k sign on bonus (stock with vesting schedule)
- Two Incentive plans (cash and stock with vesting schedule)
- Holidays, Paid time off, EV Stipend
- Medical - 2 PPO offerings – 100% company paid
- Medical HSA Account with company contribution
- Dental/Vision - 100% company paid
- Short & Long-Term Disability – 100% company paid
- Life Insurance/AD&D - 100% company paid
- 401K Match program - 4%match to your 5% contribution,100% immediate vesting
Learn more about Aqua Metals:
- Website: www.aquametals.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status, an unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other protected category. We have robust Covid19 protocols, maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
We are very safe, have a proven safety record, require vaccination, and have implemented extensive COVID-19 mitigation procedures. Vaccines required for traveling positions to meet global requirements.
- electrochemistry: 5 years (Preferred)
- industrial or research: 5 years (Required)
- hydrometallugy: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person