Job Description- Licensed Psychologist
Do you wish you could work in a private practice setting without all of the startup hassle? Always dreamed of being in a group practice? Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center is pleased to announce an opening for a licensed psychologist to join our practice full-time. Start date negotiable.
****We are unable to accept applications from master's-level clinicians at this time. Psychologist applicants only****
About Our Practice
Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center is a growing, multi-site outpatient treatment center with locations in beautiful Denver and Westminster, CO. Our team currently consists of 5 licensed psychologists and two postdoctoral residents. Three of our licensed psychologists were previous postdoctoral residents who've stayed on in the practice in permanent, licensed positions.
CTAC is an insurance-based practice. We accept most major insurances, including Medicaid. We deeply value offering in-network insurance options to our clients and see accepting insurance as a vital way of doing social justice to best serve the community. We strongly value access to care and are seeking candidates who feel the same.
This job is best suited for someone who wants to have an impact on the community but wants the flexibility, support, and reduced stress of a private practice setting.
CTAC provides the following services:
- Individual therapy
- Specialized Eating Disorder Therapy
- Group therapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Psychological Assessments for: ADHD, Learning Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and comprehensive batteries with cognitive, achievement and objective personality measures
- Training and Supervision of Advanced Doctoral students from local Counseling Psychology Ph.D. and Clinical Psychology Psy.D. programs
CTAC offers specialty services to clients with eating disorders as well as general mental health concerns such as anxiety, depression, relationship concerns, mood disorders, and trauma/PTSD.
CTAC values integrative therapeutic work, emphasizing IPT (Interpersonal) and psychodynamic approaches, feminist/multicultural, as well as CBT, DBT, and ACT as skills work is needed.
Our team members genuinely like each other and enjoy working at CTAC! We hold team consultation meetings every other week and often order-in lunch during the meeting. Additional didactic trainings and specialty supervision of eating disorder cases are provided as well. CTAC aims to provide a warm, supportive, family-like feel while respecting professional boundaries. CTAC employees chose CTAC for its truly open-door policy, collaborative work environment, and team approach to clinical work.
CTAC was founded by Director, Janean Anderson, Ph.D., CEDS-S. Dr. Anderson is a licensed psychologist, certified eating disorder specialist, and approved supervisor for the International
Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (iaedp). Dr. Anderson is the best-selling author of Recover Your Perspective and is host of The Eating Disorder Recovery Podcast, an internationally-known podcast in the recovery community. Dr. Anderson was named as a top eating disorder expert in 2018. Dr. Anderson loves working with clients and feels honored every single day
to have an amazing team of employees to join her in that work. She is seeking candidates who would like to specialize in eating disorders who also feel passionately about working with this wonderful population.
To learn more about the practice or Dr. Anderson, visit www.ColoradoTherapyAssessment.com
About The Position
Licensed psychologist will provide therapy services for clients with eating disorders and more general mental health concerns including depression, anxiety, trauma, and relational concerns.
Though you will work with general mental health concerns, willingness to work with eating disorders is required. Licensed psychologist will also provide psychological testing.
Our clients are pleasant, motivated individuals who are seeking treatment for eating disorders, anxiety, depression, trauma, relationship concerns, and mood disorders. Licensed psychologist must provide individual therapy, however family, group and couples are not required but are preferred. Clients who are not clinically appropriate for our areas of expertise are referred out to other specialty clinics.
When you start this position, you will begin part-time as credentialing with insurance is completed, working up to full-time. Full caseload is anticipated within 3 months of start date. Most staff reach full caseload within 6 weeks. If licensed already, insurance credentialing can be completed while you work at your current job, enabling you to start at CTAC already on insurance panels and ready to accept those referrals. We are fortunate to have a high volume of new patient referrals and are able to quickly fill your caseload pending insurance credentialing. Please note, pay is hourly based on client contact hours- this is not a salaried position.
Our streamlined system and administrative support ensure that you can show up, meet with clients, write your notes, and go home to take good care of yourself and enjoy your loved ones.
Other features of the job include:
- Health Benefits including Medical insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance
- Roth and Traditional 401k accounts
- Competitive, weekly pay. Position is compensated higher than community mental health and most university counseling centers in the area
- No on-call or crisis services
- Flexible schedule with weekday hours, with the option of working some report writing hours from home
- All billing/payment, scheduling, and administrative tasks completed for you with ongoing admin support
- Insurance credentialing provided
- Professional liability insurance provided
- Supervision hours that count toward CEDS designation for Eating Disorder Specialists
- Completely furnished office in upgraded suite in luxury building
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Genuine compassion and passion for working directly with clients
- _Spirit of service toward clients, the clinic, and the community _
_ _ * Clinical excellence- sharp diagnostic skills, advanced therapeutic skills
- Experience with and passion for working with clients who have eating disorders
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills including assertive communication
- Interest in strong professional relationships with fellow team members
- Ongoing effort to increase multicultural competence and inclusiveness
- Doctoral degree from APA/CPA-accredited program in clinical or counseling psychology. We are not accepting applications for masters-level candidates at this time.
- Currently licensed in Colorado or licensed by start date in Colorado
- Experience working with eating disorders; additional training/coursework in eating disorders
- Experience working with eating disorders, particularly at higher levels of care
- Credentialed with insurance panels
- Completion of APA-approved pre-doctoral internship
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 professional references.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule