Bilingual in English/Spanish and Mortgage Lending experience is a requirement (read, write and speak Spanish proficiently). To apply send your resume, and cover letter by Octobrer 19, 2018. CMHP offers a quality benefits package and very competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the chosen candidate. It is the policy of CMHP to provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability. EEO/AA., EVERIFY.
Title: Homeownership Advisor Reports to: Ralphine Caldwell
Classification: Non - Exempt Supervises: 0
Primary purpose of the Job: To lead customers to homeownership by pre-qualifying and educating customers as assigned for an affordable mortgage product including acting as the instructor for the homebuyer education curriculum.
- Teach CMHP’s homebuyer education classes, financial literary classes and other classes as deemed fit for education program.
- Work closely with Director Homeownership Education to provide quality control for all aspects of the Spanish education programs to include service delivery, customer tracking system, program effectiveness, logistics (place/time/materials inventory) Coordinate date and time of classes so as to fully maximize customer participation. Ensure schedule is complete three months in advance.
- Counsel customers to resolve housing problems or need and develop a corrective action plan for customers to successfully reach homeownership. Counsel customers from beginning to end by learning underwriting guidelines for all affordable mortgage products offered by CMHP and its lender partners so that customers are aware of choices and able to choose the product that meets their needs as well as obtain all necessary loan information from customer for proper submission to loan administrator for loan approval and/or continue to assist customer in finding appropriate lender/loan program to meet their needs once counseling education has been successfully completed.
- Identify and enlist speakers and sponsors for homebuyer classes and workshops such as insurance companies, credit unions, home inspectors, banks, realtors, as well as oversee lending partner HBEC sponsorships, etc. Minimum of two speakers per class. Sponsorship should include giveaways etc. and possible lunch for customers.
- Provide assistance in Homeownership department by communicating with current customers (particularly foreclosure counseling customers) contacting our agency who speak only Spanish.
- Participate in community outreach to promote Homeownership Center and overall importance of financial literacy and homebuyer education and counseling.
- Establish new relationships with realty companies/builders/banks/employers (as outlined in yearly Workplan) for automatic referrals to our program and/or the homebuyer education class and/or exposure to our program. Maintain contact via email and/or phone with current referral sources on a minimum quarterly basis so as to make sure they continue to send customers our way.
- Develop and maintain positive, team player relationship with entire department and participate in team projects that strengthen the organization. Continue to act as a mentor to other non-seasonal advisors.
Required Experience: Adult education; strong public speaking experience; housing counseling experience preferred
Required language: Spanish (read, write & speak proficiently)
Required Education: Four year college degree
Required Licenses: Must pass HUD Housing Counseling Certification within one year of hire date
Working Conditions: Office; nights & weekends
Safety Hazards: Limited work in inner‑city neighborhoods
This job description does not list all the job duties. Occasionally supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other tasks and duties. Your evaluation is based in part upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and these other duties.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Employee Signature: _____________________________________________________
Supervisor Signature: _____________________________________________________
Date Signed: _____________________________________________________
Job Type: Full-time
- English / Spanish (Required)