Operator II is responsible for:
- Assembling, Operating, Changeovers and Disassembling the following Packaging area equipment:
World Cup line
Bulk & Dribble line
Operation of the Bag Evacuator
- Key responsibilities when Operating assigned machine:
Communicating with your supervisor and fellow packaging employees
Using the SAP system to verify that the correct packaging materials are staged, and used.
Completing Equipment Pre & Post -op's
Record all Equipment downtimes on the SAM system.
Supplying machine with necessary packaging materials.
Insuring proper weights, speed, etc.
Verification of the correct product day code on the containers, from labels or Markem coders.
Verify that all requirements for the Net Weight Program are met.
Accurate completion of documentation. (SAP transactions, Pallet Count sheets)
Packing, marking, and removing partial packaging materials from the lines to the proper Stores location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
All Operator II’s:
- Complete all Sanitation SOPP.
1. Setup machine and line equipment following all Equipment & Cost Center Procedures. (ECC Index)
2. Complete any equipment Pre-op's Startup worksheets.
3. Use the SAP system to verify that the correct packaging materials are staged, and used.
4. Stage packaging materials in the area where they will be used.
5. Open boxes and containers as needed using proper techniques and utensils.
6. Supply machine with necessary cups, foils, lids, pails, jugs, film and cases.
7. Verify the correct product day code on the containers, from labels or Markem coders.
8. Operate assigned machine (Osgood, Bulk & Dribble, All-fill).
9. Verify that all requirements for the Net Weight Program are met.
10. Record all Equipment downtimes on the SAM system.
11. Maintain quality control per company guidelines.
12. Perform all job duties in accordance with the company’s safety guidelines.
13. Assure movement of product through packaging process in a timely manner and assures absence of down time.
14. Accurately complete all required documentation and system transactions.
15. Changeover machine and line equipment following all Equipment & Cost Center Procedures. (ECC Index)
16. Complete Changeover in the assigned time.
17. Follow the Quality Assurance product matrix guidelines for scrapeout vs. complete teardowns.
18. Disassemble machine and line equipment following all Equipment & Cost Center Procedures. (ECC Index)
19. Transport all dirty equipment to the proper Equipment Cleanup room.
20. Dispose of trash and cleans work area thoroughly.
21. Remove any unused product, boxes and utensils and assure clear and clean work area.
22. Complete all jobs in any area as assigned by supervisors.
23. Work any assignment as directed by supervisor.
24. Assure regular and timely attendance per company guidelines.
25. Work overtime as assigned by supervisor.
26. Participate in on-going training to enhance knowledge and skills.
27. Other duties as assigned.
28. Enter Work Order notifications
29. Perform Safety and Quality Risk Predictions.
30. Perform Friends Helping Friends actions.
31. Know/understand and be able to look up LOTO procedures for any equipment you work with.
32. Perform QMS entries.
33. Enter information onto SHO board and perform GSTD as needed.
May be required to work in Production, Sanitation and other plant areas.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above the performance standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education or GED preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple to more complex instructions, formulas, policies and procedures. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units weight measurement, volume and distance.
Basic computer knowledge. Ability to comprehend internal inventory system and input data accurately.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must pass physical capacity evaluation test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb ladders or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will frequently push or pull pallets, bins, lugs or cylinders.
The employee will constantly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and food fumes or airborne food particles. The employee is frequently exposed to wet conditions, and occasionally exposed to high places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.