Under the direction of the Director of Sport and Fitness, the Director of Golf Maintenance manages all aspects of the maintenance operation and improvements to Columbia Association’s two golf clubs: Hobbit’s Glen Golf Club and Fairway Hills Golf Club.
The Director of Golf Maintenance engages and oversees supervisory personnel in planning, development, and implementation of comprehensive programs and services, which foster the goals of the Golf Division, the Sport and Fitness Department, and Columbia Association.
The Director of Golf Maintenance is responsible for the development of the golf maintenance budget and works with the General Manager of Golf in the development of the overall golf annual budget. The Director of Golf Maintenance and General Manager of Golf are mutually accountable for the creation and implementation of policies, financial oversight, marketing efforts, revenue generation, and customer service management.
– Requires knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations (including but not limited to employment, safety and environmental standards, laws and regulations).
– Active member in the GCSAA.
– Skill in the use of computers operating systems. including the Google platform.
– Requires a Maryland Department of Agriculture Pesticide License, Category 3C, Turf.
– Requires a valid Maryland Driver’s License
– DOT physical
– Equivalent combination of related education and experience
– Superintendent experience preferred
– Certified Golf Course Superintendent preferred
– Must have at least six years of golf management experience in a supervisory capacity
– Must be able to effectively manage subcontractors
If you share our passion for teamwork and our vision, we want you to fast-forward your career with us at Columbia Association. Click here to apply.