We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Manager to contribute to a world-class finance organization. The Accounts Receivable Manager will be responsible for overseeing and directing the day to day activities of collections including a team of Accounts Receivable Analysts. In addition, the Accounts Receivable Manager will manage assigned customer accounts to ensure timely of payments. This role is tasked with troubleshooting and problem solving collection issues across the organization. Our ideal candidate has a working knowledge in accounting combined with strong project management skills. Ultimately, the Accounts Receivable Manager should be able to ensure collections efficiency, minimize past due accounts and ensure accounting accuracy throughout our entire accounts receivable process.
- Set objectives for the accounts receivable team that align with the account department's goals
- Effectively execute day-to-day collections activities by identifying, resolving and mitigating account/payment delinquencies in a timely manner.
- Frequently analyze and report on outstanding receivables, including significantly past due accounts.
- Build strong relationship with customers and business partners in an effort to ensure all invoices are paid according to agreed terms.
- Work closely with clients and internal staff to resolve client disputes and follow through to satisfactory resolution which results in payment of invoices.
- Interacts directly with customers to resolve collection issues
- Oversee the established collection and escalation procedures
- Prepare write-off recommendations for bad debt provision
- Prepare documentation and/or analysis to support external audit requests
- Manage and maintain month end checklists and deliverables
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met
- Assist with system enhancements including stages of scoping, requirements design and user acceptance testing.
- 5+ years' work experience in accounting or finance, including oversight of a team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or equivalent
- Team management and negotiation skills
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented, flexible team-player, ability to resolve conflicts/disputes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in a high growth, rapidly changing work environment required. Must be able to work with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce.com strongly preferred
- Excellent technology skills, including Microsoft Excel, pivot tables and v-lookups
- International Experience Preferred
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Located in up-and-coming Fulton Market neighborhood
- Discounted memberships for local gyms and Divvy
- Free snacks, drinks, and coffee always available
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Fun office events and celebrations
- Convenient to public transportation, with pre-tax commuter benefits available
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.