Provides technical direction and oversight for IT application development teams to design, develop, deploy and sustain solutions that meet applicable business requirements while maintaining design integrity and adhering to best practices and Ally information technology, security and compliance policies and procedures. They will serve as a Development Manager under the guidance of the Digital Development Directors and the Auto Program Director, and will be responsible for leading key Auto IT resources including possibly: employees, contractors, and suppliers. They are accountable to deliver joint technology & business solutions, support & optimize team delivery, remove team impediments, and provide overarching governance for the organization.
As a Development Manager, you will guide the team on its journey to enhance the existing product or create new products for our Auto customers.
- The ideal candidate should be passionate about user experience, great design, continuous improvement and incremental delivery methods. Has experience leading and mentoring a team of developers, developing streamlined processes and should embrace our values, passion, accountability and collaboration.
- Acts as team's interface to IT and Business Partners; develops/maintains strong relationship with vendor teams and vendor management.
- Partner with the Business and UX design teams to create world-class customer servicing experiences for Auto consumers.
- Mentor developers who are highly skilled and passionate about development.
- Own and enforce secure coding standards through peer code reviews and automation.
- Guide development teams to review business requirements, mid-level design documents and develop low level design documents, test plans/test cases and performance testing plans.
- Effectively communicate technical solutions and recommendations to senior level management and Business experience with traditional Waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
- BS and 10+ years of work technology experience or equivalent work experience.
- Years of full stack application development experience as a developer and as a manager or team lead.
- Deep knowledge of the web application development ecosystem, including heavy experience working with third-parties, designing and delivering optimized, risk-free solutions.
- Understanding of application stacks, and DevOps workflows.
- 7+ years of combined hands on experience in following Waterfall, Iterative and primarily Agile SDLC.
- Experience transforming from Waterfall / Iterative to Agile.
- Knowledge of Oracle 12c Databases, Solaris 11, Apache, WebLogic and JBOSS.
- General knowledge of CA Siteminder and RSA Adaptive Authentication.
- Experience with Native Mobile App development.
- Experience with REST Webservices and Ember SPA development.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, from team members to senior management.
- Working knowledge of command-line utilities, build tools, version control and branching strategies.
- A commitment to quality, and a desire to improve.
- An excellent understanding of browser-based technology and specifications.
- A strong drive to solve problems of all types.
- An intense dislike of waste and activities that add no value to team growth or productivity.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and comfort with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- A firm belief in exchanging constructive and respectful feedback.
- Enthusiasm and a desire to be part of an innovative team.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE:
ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally's Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of our industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions, as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled