Provides reception function for all visitors and patients to the Emergency Department. Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties and services to the Emergency Department. Provides assistance for nursing personnel and emergency physician staff.
Responsibilities:Performs reception duties:
Provides clerical assistance to Emergency Department:
- Answers and directs phone calls appropriately.
- Greets all patients and visitors in a positive manner.
- Provides timely notification to nursing personnel of patients awaiting treatment and notifies appropriate personnel of arrival of visitors.
- Assists patient with transportation arrangements.
- Monitors and controls traffic in ED lobby.
- Documents in a legible concise and accurate manner.
- Prepares completed emergency department records for daily scanning to the coding company.
- Reviews ED charge forms for completeness and accuracy and sends to Cashier�s office
- Collates and copies ED records as needed for follow up calls coding/billing and private physicians.
- Prepares medical records to be delivered to various destinations.
- Assists others in orientation of clerical duties.
Maintains an organized and neat work area free from clutter and ensures oncoming triage staff have a report at change of shift.
Communicates appropriate referral of issues or concerns to nurse director or charge nurse in a timely manner.
Renews annual and hospital-wide competencies.
High school diploma (or equivalent) with excellent interpersonal communication and data entry skills.
Must be able to sit for 3-7 hours twist and bend frequently.
Must be able to lift 10-35 lbs with good body mechanics.
May be left or right handed but able to deviate wrist frequently and have fine motor skills.
Near vision must be accurate at 20/20 far vision accurate at 20/40 and must be able to discriminate among red green and white and have moderate depth perception.
Must be able to hear whisper at 20 feet.
Lifespan is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex national origin age ethnicity sexual orientation ancestry genetics gender identity or expression disability protected veteran or marital status. Lifespan is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Newport Hospital USA:RI:Newport