Part time, Days and Evenings
Reporting to the Rehab Services Manager or Rehabilitation Supervisor with accountability to the Director and Team, performs evaluations, treatment planning, goal setting and develops and implements individual Physical Therapy programs designed to improve and maximize patient mobility and independent functioning within their physical limitations.
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess, treat, and care for patients in assigned area. Implements assessment/treatment/care based on the developmental stages of the patient. Interprets verbal and nonverbal communication of the patient.
2. Evaluates patient’s functional abilities/disabilities utilizing techniques appropriate to the patient type including assessment of strength, range of motion, pain, sensation, balance, transfers, ambulation status, wound size and condition.
3. In accordance with patient evaluations, establishes treatment plan which specifies treatment goals and treatment modalities that will assist the patient to regain function, increase strength and decrease pain.
4. Administers and instructs patients in performance of all aspects of the treatment plan, assessing the effectiveness and modifying as necessary.
5. Prepares and completes all patient records, billing and documentation according to departmental guidelines.
6. Communicates and works in cooperation with physicians, nursing and other hospital staff to provide optimal patient care.
7. Involves the patient, family and caregivers in the plan of care, including post-discharge planning. Conducts patient/family education sessions and provides written home programs considering the developmental needs of the patient.
8. May assist with supervision of paraprofessional staff, students and volunteers as directed; delegates tasks and monitors performance of tasks to ensure they are completed correctly.
9. Utilizes correct body mechanics. Adheres to hospital and departmental safety precautions and infection control procedures in order to maintain a safe patient care and working environment. Attends all mandatory inservices.
10. Assists with planning and conducting inservice programs and participates in staff meetings, rehab conferences and educational programs.
11. Assumes responsibility, as assigned, for overall departmental functioning in absence of supervisor.
12. Assumes responsibility for own professional growth, keeps abreast of developments in the field of Physical Therapy and incorporates approved developments in treatment and evaluation plans.
13. Participates in departmental Quality Assurance Program and special assignments as requested.
14. Adheres to all Northwest Community Hospital standards, policies and procedures.
1. The completion of a degree in Physical Therapy from an A.P.T.A. accredited school, or the equivalent.
2. Current Illinois licensure or eligibility.
3. CPR certification.
4. The interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients, their families, physicians and other hospital personnel, and to direct the work of paraprofessional/supportive staff and students.
5. The communication skills necessary to document patient progress and to assist in conducting inservices.
6. The analytical skills required to evaluate patient progress and response to treatment and to adjust plan of care.
7. The organizational skills necessary to administer multiple therapeutic programs simultaneously.
8. The ability to effectively and accurately operate all department equipment related to physical therapy treatments.
9. The ability to utilize a personal computer as deemed necessary to perform job duties.
10. Access to an automobile and a valid Illinois driver’s license (Home Care only).
NCH at a glance
Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is known for compassionate care and its convenient location. But it's our advanced technologies, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities that offer the latest treatments and assure the care, comfort and safety of our patients and the community. NCH offers:
A 489-bed hospital, including 200 private rooms in the South Pavilion
Four Immediate Care Centers, located in Buffalo Grove, Lake Zurich, Mount Prospect and Schaumburg
Seven accessible outpatient imaging locations that provide advanced imaging technology
The Day Surgery Center, a same-day outpatient surgery center
Annually, NCH treats an average of 24,000 inpatients and conducts:
337,000 outpatient visits
43,000 home care visits
3,100 newborn deliveries
Approximately 18,000 inpatient and outpatient surgical cases, ranging from open heart surgery and joint replacement to neurosurgery and minimally invasive procedures
NCH provides our patients and community with safe, high quality care - and it shows. Here are a few of the many awards and designations we've recently achieved:
Magnet® Recognition for Nursing Excellence (The American Nurses Credentialing Center awards Magnet status to hospitals that exhibit exemplary patient outcomes and satisfaction, have impressive nurse-to-patient ratios, and attract and retain the best nursing staff.)
Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award
The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
2016 American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association "Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award"
4,000 employees including nurses, allied health professionals, administrative and support personnel
More than 1,000 physicians with offices throughout the northwest suburbs
NCH Medical Group, an employed physician group focusing on primary and specialty care
Approximately 800 volunteers providing more than 100,000 hours of service annually
United States-Illinois-Lake Zurich
1249 S Rand Rd 60047
Professional/ Technical Clinical