Major Activities (Purpose/Summary)
- The Senior System Engineer is responsible for maintaining the key computing resources that we run our growing Atlanta based company on.
- We require you to work from our Atlanta office for this position. We are not accepting remote candidates for this position.
- Daily responsibilities include working with Linux/Windows servers, SAN/NAS storage, hyperconverged environments, and cloud management.
- This includes managing their software and the actual physical devices themselves as needed.
- You may be working on a fun big-data project in the cloud one day and racking and stacking a dozen servers in the datacenter the next day. Life in our I.T. shop is never boring and we play with fairly cutting-edge technology on a daily basis.
- Strong experience in cloud services are preferred, like AWS or Azure. This goes beyond just spinning up servers in the cloud. You would benefit from skills with cloud automation, scripting, CDNs, DNS, networking, security, and more.
- You must also dashboard, monitor, document, performance tune, and conduct planning capacity forecasts for the systems we run at Cardlytics.
- The position requires frequent interaction with other groups in the company so we need a candidate who is comfortable talking to people at every level of our amazing organziation.
- We are a firm believer that technology silos are a recipe for disaster and no individual should be the single source of knowledge for any key system. Cross-training, teaching, and mentoring will be absolutely required.
- Minimum of two years of experience with cloud providers like AWS or Azure. We need cloud skills beyond just spinning up servers. We are looking for that amazing candidate who understands cloud security, load balancing, scripting and automating activities, monitoring, patching, etc. Are you the cloud guru we need?
- Preferred three to six years of experience with Microsoft Server and concepts around Microsoft security, performance, active directory, Office 365, and other Microsoft products are helpful.
- Preferred three to six years of experience of Linux skills. We use CentOS and RHEL predominantly for our Linux operating systems. You will need strengths with LDAP, performance tuning, troubleshooting and maintaining the resources on the servers like managing disk space, memory utilization, cpu capacity, and security.
- Working with EMC VNX/VMAX/Isilon storage, Dell Unity storage, Nutanix hyperconverged clusters, Amazon AWS, Azure, Dell Servers, and HP Servers will be a daily part of the job. Experience with these is strongly in your favor.
- We are hyper-security focused due to the nature of the business we run here.
- We leverage solid policies and procedures regarding how systems are secured and how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
- Identifying and recommending new technology utilization within the corporation.
- Evaluates new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user.
- Makes recommendations for the training of and continuing education of technical staff members.
- Takes responsibility for the success of the project and the company.
- Must be able to lead and mentor others.
- Demonstrated project management skills. Must be proficient at managing technical projects.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team building skills and be proficient in establishing and maintaining effective communication and processes
- Thorough knowledge of computer networks and network terminologies and be current with the "state of the art" as it applies to secure connectivity.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Writes, maintains, and reviews complete and concise technical and project documentation.
- Presents training presentations on multiple technical levels, word-smithing the language to match the audience.