HollyFrontier Corporation located in Dallas, TX is seeking a General Ledger Accountant. The Accountant will conduct moderately complex accounting assignments for the Accounting department with minimal supervision.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Prepares journal entries, and maintains general ledger accounts and reconciles sub ledgers for month-end close
- Reviews, analyzes and develops solutions for problems or variances arising within department
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
- Provides records of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions to support general ledger and financial statements
- Reconciles various accounts and enters them into the system, ensuring the integrity of the data and compliance with accounting principals
- Prepares month-end close by obtaining information from various reports, entering it into the system and verifying that debits and credits balance
- Audits journal entries, orders, transactions and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of three years of job-related accounting work experience is required. Level will be determined by experience.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, in accounting, finance, or related field is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
CPA designation is preferred.
Must have intermediate understanding of accounting practices and procedures with the ability to perform accounting analysis as needed. Working knowledge of Microsoft products, experience with accounting and maintenance software. Basic reading and writing skills and the ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
Experience in SAP experience is preferred.
May lead project teams.
Office based with up to 10% travel. May be requiredd to work flexible hours.
Job conditions require sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, perceiving color differences, and the ability to wear personal protective equipment (beards not permitted) and ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid state driver’s license and proof of insurance required. Job conditions may require standing, walking, and lifting and/or carrying up to 25 lbs.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; we care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
About HollyFrontier Corporation
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day ("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000 bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products, and also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P.Join HollyFrontier where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.