The Washington Redskins Communications Department offers summer, season-long and spring internships. The internships are designed for either undergraduate or graduate students and are unpaid positions. All candidates must be able to receive course-credit for the internship. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about the responsibilities of a National Football League communications staff while working as a member of the department and assisting in its day-to-day functions.
Interns must be able to work extended hours including some nights and weekends. A background in public/media relations or sports management is strongly encouraged. Candidates must possess strong written and oral communication skills. The intern will be required to participate in a mandatory background check and drug testing at the beginning of the internship.
Spring Internship Responsibilities (January – May)
Oversee daily newspaper clips and their distribution.
Help with production and editing of the team’s media guide.
Facilitate interviews with local media during the Draft, Mini Camp and OTAs.
Assist in transcribing quotes during the Draft, Mini Camp and OTAs.
Research statistical information for management, coaches, scouts and internal department as needed.
General office work to include email, phones, faxes, sending packages, etc.
Perform additional duties as assigned by the Communications staff.
Intern Candidate Requirements:
- Full-time undergraduate/graduate student.
- Candidate MUST receive college credit in order to qualify for this internship – proof of credit letter from your College or University is required.
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Can work independently when given a task and have the focus to follow through & follow-up if problems arise.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office proficient).
- Proactive in asking questions when needed.
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them.
- Ability to handle physical requirements of job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting.
- Ability to interact with players, staff and the community in a professional manner.
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary.
Senior Vice President, Communications; Director of Communications; Media Services Coordinator; Corporate Communications Manager
If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast-paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.