About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence-based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high-volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You’ll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.
About the EDI Data Analyst Position:
Reporting to the Manager, EDI Operations, the EDI Data Analyst is responsible for solution design, development, testing, maintenance, and support for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) interfaces and systems, both to and from Avalon’s trading partners and core business systems. This role provides EDI implementation and operational technical support for healthcare applications. The EDI Data Analyst will monitor and maintain EDI exchanges and transaction processing; configure EDI applications that allow healthcare providers to send and receive EDI transactions; and respond to inquiries regarding issues related to EDI enrollment, claims processing, payment inquiries, and/or other clearinghouse activities. This position conducts detailed analysis of EDI transactions and take responsibility for process documentation and business reports.
This position is based in our corporate office in Tampa, Florida, and is not a remote-working role. This is a full-time, W-2 position. At this time, we can consider only local candidates authorized to work in the US. No sponsorship is available.
EDI Data Analyst - Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate issues and needs with internal business partners, external vendors, and network healthcare providers.
- Author detailed and consistent procedure documents using system, communication, and security variants.
- Track day-to-day EDI & batch processes to identify and address problems as they arise reporting levels of activity using key established metrics for senior management.
- Diagnose problems with EDI processes, working with other technical and/or business resources as necessary for assistance. Troubleshoot application problems.
- Gather and analyze requirements, combining user information with knowledge of Avalon systems and healthcare partners.
- Assist with development of Transact-SQL queries, views, cursors, and stored procedures to meet business requirements.
- Collaborate with a database administrator and consultants in optimizing SQL queries.
- Adhere to the corporate security policies.
- Follow full lifecycle software development methodologies.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient program code - on time and high quality.
- Collaborate with developers and team members to design and implement highly reliable interfaces.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
EDI Data Analyst - Qualifications
EDI Data Analyst - Interpersonal skills to include
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering, computer science, or other related discipline
- 2+ years developing interfaces using HIPAA compliant transactions
- 2+ years healthcare IT experience
- Technical and non-technical troubleshooting skills with ability to diagnose and resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- Familiar with EDI transactions including 837P/I, 835, 834, TA1, 999, 277CA, 276/277 and 270/271
EDI Data Analyst - Additional preferred qualifications
- A reliable and highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a part of a collaborative team
- Self-starter requiring limited management capable of multi-tasking
- Requires creativity and latitude under general supervision
- Must be willing and able to work varied hours occassionally based upon client requirements; 24x7 on-call support as scheduled
- Strong fluency with Microsoft SQL Server, XML, FTP/SFTP, and TCP/IP communications
- Experience implementing MoveIT APIs
- Previous experience in a start-up or early-stage company helpful
- Experience with Chiapas EDI System