As a RRT you will utilize respiratory skills and knowledge to provide direct patient care to those patients undergoing pulmonary diagnostic and treatment procedures. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Assesses patients through existing data in patient records;
- Assesses appropriateness of prescribed therapy and goals;
- Conducts prescribed therapeutic procedures;
- Evaluates and monitors patient's response to respiratory therapy;
- Initiates and conducts respiratory care in emergency settings.
- Records therapies and results in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Attends all mandated annual review programs and attends continuing education activities.
Work Schedule: Full-Time; various 8-12 hour shifts; rotating weekends and holidays.
Do you know the benefits of VA employment?
- 13 paid vacation days a year to start, 19.5 after 3 years and 26 days after 15 years.
- 13 paid sick days - cumulative, no limit on accrual
- 10 paid holidays
- Group Health and Life Insurance - you can carry into retirement!
- Federal Paid Pension
- Thrift Savings plan (5% match), visit www.tsp.gov to learn more!
- Shift Differential - 10%
- Weekend Differential - 25%
- Double Time for Holidays Worked
- Credit Union
- Career Development Programs
- Uniform Allowance
- Tuition Assistance
- Nationwide Transfer Opportunities
US Citizenship Required - EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,810.00 to $59,557.00 /year
- Respiratory Therapist: 1 year (Preferred)
- NBRC Registration (Preferred)