Status: Contingent Hire
Clearance: Ability to obtain and hold a NACI
Citizenship Requirement: US
Position Summary: Apply systems engineering principles and methodologies to human systems integration tasks in support of NASA’s human spaceflight activities.
Description of Duties:
- Execute systems engineering competencies with a strong focus on human spaceflight exploration missions, ensuring integration of technical capabilities led within the human health and performance community with other relevant technical and engineering areas across JSC, NASA, and international partners where appropriate, to be incorporated into exploration missions.
- Apply domain expertise in the principles and the current state of practice of systems engineering and will execute systems engineering activities utilizing a broad understanding of the systems engineering discipline and its application across NASA Centers and disciplines within human health and performance.
- Participate in integrated system development cycles for systems crossing traditional engineering subsystems (e.g., avionics, power, GN&C, etc.) and medical, behavioral health and performance, human factors and task performance, and physiological health and performance disciplines.
- Enable effective design, test, and verification of these systems and enable effective coordination and integration with exploration mission engineering and technology development design, test, and verification efforts, including human systems integration
- Lead and/or participate in traditional systems engineering tasks, such as system definition; requirements development, validation, and verification; and integration and test planning and execution.
- Participate in teams to achieve system development life cycle milestones.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in a related discipline (e.g., Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering) required. Master of Science & Ph.D. preferred for certain positions.
- Engineer II: Possess minimum five (5) years of systems engineering experience in human systems integration or related field.
- Engineer III: Possess minimum 10 years of systems engineering experience in human systems integration or related field. Certain positions may require special licenses & certifications.
- Engineer IV: Possess minimum 15 years of systems engineering experience in human systems integration or related field. Certain positions may require Master of Science (MS) degree.
- Engineer V: Possess minimum 20 years of systems engineering experience in human systems integration or related field. Certain positions may require MS or Ph.D. degree in Human Factors or other specialized disciplines.
- Experience with spaceflight, aerospace or complex mechanical systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of NASA Procedural Requirements (NPR) 7120.5 NASA Space Flight Program and Project Management Handbook and NPR 7123.1 NASA Systems Engineering Processes and Requirementspreferred.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants are requested to apply by submitting their résumé through Indeed.
About Avatar Technologies: Founded in 2006, Avatar Technologies is a woman-owned aerospace engineering company that delivers high-technology and program management solutions to the U.S. Government and commercial sectors.Staffed with an exceptional team of seasoned technology, engineering, and program management consultants, Avatar Technologies offers system engineering, safety, quality, mission assurance and software development services to NASA, Department of Defense and the commercial space industry. To learn more about us, visit www.avatar-tech.net.
Job Type: Full-time
- systems engineering: 5 years