At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling:
To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Client Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for ensuring that IBM Watson & Cloud Platform customers can successfully onboard and use their Services Entitlements in their defined Solution/Usage scenario, resulting in customer satisfaction, retention, growth, and reference-ability. Achieve assigned consumption/revenue targets for assigned clients.
This person will have excellent domain, oral and written communication, relationship management, issue management, and time management skills; will be a creative problem solver; and will be very effective in teaming with a broad range of colleagues across IBM.
Responsibilities:Key metrics:The Client Success Manager is accountable for:
The CSM achieves these objectives by providing the following services to his/her assigned customers:
Best Practices and Customer Health:
–Monitor the health of assigned accounts and drive a set of actions to help ensure client usage growth.
- Monitor customer usage, feature adoption, and overall health
- Understand customer business strategy and business case, and drive alignment between customer objectives and IBM capabilities
- Develop a “success plan”, a plan of action to help ensure customer success and consumption growth
- Make proactive recommendations on leveraging IBM solutions
–Build and sustain relationships with stakeholders and decision makers in assigned accounts
Product Enhancements and Feedback:
- Establish regular contact with key stakeholders and become a trusted advisor to assigned accounts
- Communicate status at executive levels inside client and at IBM
- Monitor customer satisfaction and drive references
- Serve as an escalation outlet and ensure critical client issues are addressed by the appropriate IBM teams
- Work with Sales and Services to understand client expectations and to successfully transition into the client success model
- Identify opportunities for paid services and solution expansion
- Drive action plans around accounts that are at risk of non-renewal
Events and Program:
- Educate clients on the offering strategy and roadmap
- Ensure that assigned clients leverage new features as appropriate
- Ensure clients are aware of any changes to offering related processes and procedures including operational and business management changes
- Solicit client feedback on product features and capabilities
- Provide input to Development and Product Management regarding offering strengths and weaknesses
–Encourage participation in global and regional user events; leverage online and in-person customer events to share leading best practices
- Drive attendance and speaker participation in regional and global user events
- Leverage executive relationships to drive participation in our Customer Advisory Boards and ‘CXO’ studies
- Drive customer participation in Marketing webinars and lead gen programs
- Contribute to knowledge bases, white papers, webinars and other programs for capturing and sharing best practices with all clients
- Represent IBM’s domain expertise online –in IBM and industry communities, web publications, blogs, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BA or equivalent preferably in Business and ICT
- A passion for customer service and relationship building
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing, results-driven work environment.
- 5 –10 years’ experience in customer service, consulting, marketing, and/or sales.
- Experience commensurate with size and complexity of assigned client(s).
- Technical Aptitude to understand the IBM WCP portfolio
- A great IBM "fit" - customer and team-focused; delivery-oriented; high energy; and values honesty and integrity
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.