*This is an unpaid, remote position available to all students and graduates; we offer course credit for this position. 2 month minimum commitment.
The online magazine SOCIETY19 is hiring editorial interns to help write articles for the magazine and grow the reach of the publication in the US and Canada. Interns will be working remotely under the supervision of their internship coordinator. You will receive adequate training and performance evaluation throughout the internship.
- English/Writing/Communications/Journalism major preferred but all majors are encouraged to apply.
- Must be very interested in writing and editing
As an editorial intern, you will be responsible for:
- Writing a range of lifestyle and location specific articles (fashion, beauty, home decor, college life but also tips about life in your city)
- Promoting your articles to a relevant audience via social media
You will be learn valuable skills:
- Build journalism and writing experience
- Build your portfolio by having your own articles published and promoted to thousands of reader
- Build Search Engine Optimization experience and learn how to optimize articles for SEO
- Build social media marketing experience and learn how to optimize articles for social media networks
Job Type: Internship
- writing: 2 years (Preferred)