The Food Quality Assurance Manager oversees all aspects of QA function. Assist R&D activities, and new product production
- Develop and execute QA processes to ensure products are produced according to specifications.
- Manage team of 1 QA Supervisor, 3 QA Techs, in-house and 3rd party Sanitation Team
- Develop and maintain regulatory programs including HACCP and SSOP for USDA and FDA operations.
- Develop performance standards for quality and food safety. Track plant performance and provide timely analysis report.
- Lead efforts to pass annual 3rd party food safety audit and customer required audits.
- Investigate customer complaints and work with management team to implement corrective/preventive actions.
- Work with management team to improve food safety, manufacturing processes and product quality.
- Develop and maintain specification for raw materials, manufacturing processes, finished products.
- Develop and execute employee training programs for food safety, quality and new product.
- Certify new vendors and recertify existing vendors.
- Keep label file updated.
- Participate in R& D activities as directed by Vice President, R&D and QA.
- Customer orientated and hands-on.
- B.S. degree in Food Science, Meat/Poultry Science, or Biology.
- At least 5 years QA management experience with progressive role in USDA regulated plant.
- Strong analytical skill and problem-solving abilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- SQF certification and R&D experience highly desirable.
- Good computer skills to generate reports and perform data analysis. Able to work and make decisions independently. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
Job Type: Full-time