We are caring. We are hosts. We delight. We are professionals.
At Days Inn Nashville St. Thomas, we serve our guests and each other with enthusiasm and warmth. We are dedicated professionals and we reflect the tradition of hospitality excellence.
As part of the team, the Front Desk Supervisor leads a team of Front Desk Agents who are responsible for guest check-in and check-out. The Supervisor ensures proper staffing levels for the Front Office area and participates actively in creating a memorable guest experience by greeting guests warmly, addressing guest needs in a timely and professional manner, and performing tasks that contribute to a positive guest experience.
- Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival.
- Manages guest check-in, check-out and billing processes.
- Handles sensitive guest information including room assignment and credit card/cash transactions.
- Responds to guest inquiries, ensuring that complaints or requests are handled timely and with sensitivity.
- Meets all in-service requirements, complies with all system policies and procedures.
- Creates and communicates staffing schedule; ensures proper staffing levels for each shift.
- Works with Manager to train and develop Front Desk Team Associates.
- May respond to escalated guest complaints; provide counsel to Front Desk Agents on responding to customer needs/ complaints.
- Must be available to cover shifts for Front Desk Agents if they are absent ***
Supervisory Responsibility: Must be available to cover shifts for Front Desk Agents if absent, Supervises the work of Front Desk Agents
Professional work environment with uniform or professional dress; requires frequent computer-based work and high level of interaction (written and verbal) with all customers.
Physical requirements of the position and work environment:
- Must be able to walk, climb stairs
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch
- Must use hands to reach, grasp, handle, pull and push
- Must have good near and far vision
- Must be able to hear, talk, smell
- Must be able to lift & carry up to 50 pounds
- Majority of duties performed indoors. Noise level moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma; Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 3 years’ experience in hotel hospitality
- Hospitable approach to all customers and staff
- Accuracy and Attention detail
- Time Management
- Problem solving
- Ethical Practice/ Handling sensitive information
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Commission
Salary: $11.50 to $15.00 /hour
- Hotel Front Desk: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- 269 White Bridge Pike, Nashville, TN (Preferred)