What You'll Do
The Small-Medium Business (SMB) segment within the APJ Commercial is a significant growth driver for the region. Asia Pacific & Japan is boldly pursuing strategies to grow in this segment of the market such as launching a branded portfolio of products and services targeted at SMBs under the APJ Volume Business.
The Volume business is a channel-led, programmatic, and promotion-driven business targeting mid-market and SMB customers in the region with low Cisco sales touch. The goal is to grow the ‘run-rate’ business and the Commercial GEO sub-segment as a result of these efforts.
Over the past three years APJ has transformed into a region known for results, innovation, and high-performing teams within Cisco.You will define and drive the sales growth of the multi-architecture Digital Marketplace product and solution portfolio and pricing within the construct of the overall Volume product and solution portfolio.
You will work with the Volume team to select the meaningful bundles for the digital marketplace, package relevant offers for each market and position the right product portfolio against our competition, work with the business entities/units to localize the product portfolio, drive demand generation efforts, provide insights and recommend Cisco’s response to competitor actions. Responsible in pricing strategy alignment to the overall volume business. Pricing development to the distributor and ensuring competitive positioning through regular competitive price analysis, benchmarking and cross channel price conflicts or cannibalization management.
You will be measured against the Digital Marketplace promotion-driven business and how the marketplace business contributes to the overall growth of the Volume play business.
You will be expected to develop relationships with the channels organization especially with 2T partners as well as Distribution, BU teams and local sales leadership and collaborate across the Cisco cross-functional teams including the Volume Specialists, Distribution PAMs/ PAMs, Theater and Regional Marketing, Commercial sales, Architecture Sales, and other APJ Commercial functions to drive the volume portfolio growth in the market.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Marketplace Portfolio and Pricing Manager is responsible for defining and driving the portfolio growth and manage portfolio pricing through the following:
- Define and develop the relevant Digital Marketplace product and solutions portfolio.
- Develop a deep understanding of Mid-market and SMB customer and partner requirements, market opportunities, and competitive conditions
- Drive revenue growth through packaging offers and up-sell and cross sell our portfolio such as security first, wireless everywhere, branch in a box 2.0 etc..
- Develop Margin analysis and align discount strategy. Manage Online / offline pricing conflicts
- Drive differentiated online sales promotions and demand generation for the Marketplace through distribution and 2T resellers such as volume play on SMB products.
- Develop an in-depth technical understanding of the products and solutions in the marketplace volume portfolio across the various Cisco architectures
- Collaborate with the Volume Portfolio Architecture team to align market portfolio and solutions with the overall Volume Portfolio and be an advocate for the marketplace interests with the volume portfolio team.
- Engage with distributors and resellers on the Digital Marketplace volume portfolio as required
- Partner with the Volume Specialist(s) in the theater and the Volume Program team to drive the volume business
- Collaborate with Architecture Sales teams, Distribution sales teams, Commercial Sales Teams and Partner Organization teams and Marketing to ensure a One Cisco approach
- Gather market intelligence on Cisco’s volume portfolio against the competition and understand key drivers of success to compete with them in the market
- Support regular business reviews with the distributors/resellers and theater sales and partner teams and other key functional groups to ensure GTM execution
- Be the escalation point for marketplace countries on the volume portfolio requirements
Who You'll Work With
Cisco is a unique innovator, accelerator and connector. We connect our employees to our partners and our customers, to ensure that the speed, agility and security of Cisco solutions have a multiplying effect worldwide. In the Asia Pacific and Japan region, the Commercial and Marketing teams build our brand, advance key Cisco growth areas such as Security & Software and implement our technologies together with our partners.
Every day, we feel inspired by our Commercial customers. They continually surprise us with their forward thinking and incredible drive to grow their business in a changing digital world. Our customers and partners make Commercial in APJ Cisco's growth engine. I am proud to contribute to this success, so we continue to connect everything, innovate everywhere, to benefit everyone.
We are on a journey to further harmonize our Commercial sales power with the most advanced digital marketing techniques available. I believe our edge comes from the combined team: to find the audience, meet every technology challenge and make the sale.
Who You Are
- 8+ years experience in the IT industry, preferably in sales and marketing with demonstrable success at achieving fast-growth technology area.
- Familiarity with Cisco’s full products, architectures and services offerings in the Commercial space.
- Strategic & creative thinker – able to offer new, innovative strategies to achieve significant growth in a technology area, and to take technologies from Pre- to Post-chasm.
- E-Commerce experience working in a fast moving sales environment an added plus
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across various organizations to drive outcomes
- Ability to influence and lead in a highly matrixed model
- Excellent written, verbal communication, listening and presentation skills. Able to articulate complex ideas and strategies to people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong background and understanding of product, service, and channels sales at Cisco or comparable experience from another company
- Track record of successful performance as a “change agent” within Cisco or other companies
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university/college
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is an equal opportunity company.
We Are Cisco.