Our sightseeing company is seeking an experienced Boat Captain to join our New York City Team!
We have full and part time slots available!
A flexible schedule is a must. Schedule includes weekends and holidays.
THE POSITION IS LOCATED IN NY HARBOR - DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE OPERATING IN NY HARBOR
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct pre-cruise checks and meetings and communicate to crew all necessary information regarding the cruise (special needs, boarding procedures, etc.)
- Ensure that staff and guests adhere to all safety standards and procedures.
- Participate in the execution of the Safety Program, including emergency drills.
- Participate in the proper maintenance of all ship’s systems and boarding facilities including but not limited to gangways, diesel, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, water (potable, raw, black, and gray), fire suppression, communications, and navigation.
- Ensure adherence to Coast Guard rules and regulations, and other federal and local rules and regulations.
- Ensure strict compliance to Emergency Response Plan.
- Execute other projects as assigned by management.
- Complete all shift records required by USCG and Management: checklist, logbook, safety training, and other documentation.
- Ensure that incident reports are completed accurately and promptly.
Qualifications and Skills
- 100 Ton Master’s license (inland)
- TWIC Card
- 2 year operator passenger vessel experience
- FCC Radio License
First Aid & CPR is helpful
Paid Sick Days
Union contract in place
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $33.00 to $38.00 /hour
- operator passenger vessel: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- 100 Ton Master’s (inland) (Required)
- FCC Radio License (Required)
- TWIC CARD (Preferred)