Responsible for all facets of human resources. Primary duties involve exercising discretion and independent judgment in matters of significance, such as faculty, staff, board of trustees, and community contacts, faculty and staff union issues and negotiations, and issues related to the operation of Terra State Community College.
$70,000 - $90,000 commensurate with experience and credentials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages all facets of human resource services, including: retirement programs, wage and salary administration, labor relations, and health insurance. Fulfills the senior human resources officer liaison role for the Ohio Association of Community Colleges HR Officer group.
Ensures compliance is maintained and timely communication is shared with the campus community regarding Federal/State regulations and employment laws.
Provides leadership for staff labor relations committee and employee benefits committee. Serves as the Executive Team member on the convocation planning committee and the employee recognition committee.
Analyzes College compensation program in relation to government wage and hour regulations, prevailing rates for similarly jobs in comparable organizations or geographic areas, agreements with labor unions, and recommends changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive rates. Responsible for overseeing maintenance of Compensation Software and generating reports.
Directs, administers and monitors compliance of performance appraisal process for faculty and staff. Provides assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations and work performance issues. Meets with supervisors to determine effective progressive corrective action procedures as necessary
Prepares and manages budget for Human Resources, including Employee Recognition programs. Reviews and recommends salary increases permitted within budgetary limits and according to established compensation policies.
Responsible for implementing strategies to diversify workforce. Coordinates campus wide task force that focuses on enhancing the ethnic and cultural diversity of faculty and staff.
Provides leadership in creating efficiencies in the department through utilization of current technology for all requests from employees.
Serves as a member of the College's Executive Team, and assists in short-term and long-term planning related to human resources for the College.
Provides opportunities for employee development and training.
Completes other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Coordinator of Benefits
- Manager of Human Resources
- Assistant Manager of Human Resources/Payroll
- Human Resources Associate
• Demonstrated ability in problem solving and dispute resolution.
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
- Ability to analyze information, policies, and procedures to formulate logical and objective decisions and handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents.
- Excellent written and oral communications; listening skills to accurately interpret what others are saying; ability to articulate goals, strategies, and direction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and utilize a variety of software applications.
- Effective analytical skills to interpret data
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills to motivate employees
- Knowledge of fund accounting, budgeting, finance, labor relations and business law
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications
• Master's degree in a field related to human resources, business administration, or student affairs required,
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Two to five years of demonstrated experience in higher education administration, human resources, and/or other related areas required,
- PHR, SPHR certification
- PHR certification
- SPHR certification strongly desired