- Time Management
- Active Directory
This is a part time position working approx. 20-25 hours a week with flexibility of working days and hours, providing they are between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm, Monday thru Friday. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Information Technology and will assist with day to day IT issues and various other IT projects as needed. This individual will also work closely with NNBC’s outside IT consultant to help troubleshoot and determine appropriate course of action regarding IT related process improvements, server upgrades, and other related issues.
- Maintain network servers, user workstations, communications equipment and peripherals with the goal of minimizing user downtime. Serve as user’s first point of contact for information technology issues.
- Create users and groups and apply permissions in Active Directory
- Respond in a timely manner and correct network server, user workstation, communications equipment, and peripherals issues. Maintain a log of network issues in order to determine consistent problem areas.
- Setup, configure, and install software on new workstations and peripherals. Maintain security on all workstations.
- Maintain adequate disaster recovery plan.
- Maintain hardware inventory with preventative maintenance/planned replacement system.
- Communicate and liaison with software vendors to correct software issues.
- Advise and recommend improvements to hardware, software, peripherals, systems, communications equipment, and relevant policies and procedures.
- Educate and train users in various technologies such as software, hardware, telephone systems, upgrades/updates, capabilities, and functionality.
- Continue education and technical growth to upgrade skills and remain current with technology, practices, and industry standards.
- Other duties as assigned based upon changing business needs.
- Two year degree or equivalent certification program in Networking and System Administration
- Two to three years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Maintain a high degree of professional & ethical conduct and confidentiality.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to convey information and ideas clearly so that others will understand.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
National Novelty Brush Company (NNBC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NNBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. NNBC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Part-time
- IT Management: 1 year (Preferred)