As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Account Executive, Connectivity Solutions position is focused on sales of OpenText’s portfolio of connectivity solutions (including Hummingbird Exceed, Exceed onDemand, Exceed TurboX and HostExplorer), which connect people, data, and applications in mission-critical environments, and facilitate efficient, secure and compliant exchange of information inside and outside of the enterprise. For more information on OpenText connectivity solutions, please visit our website: www.opentext.com/connectivity
This position requires a motivated and self-driven individual capable of identifying opportunities through analysis of our current client install base as well as potential new business and market drivers.
You are great at:
What it takes:
- Generate demand for Connectivity products, solutions and services through smart prospecting and lead generation activities and sales campaigns.
- Drive sales of Open Text’s Connectivity software licenses and services to achieve quota; accountable for meeting or exceeding assigned sales objectives on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop and execute business plan, account plans, strategy and tactics (updated on a quarterly basis) to generate revenue from assigned geographical territory and named accounts in the US and/or Canada.
- Build and manage relationships in medium to large sized companies, and articulate value proposition of Connectivity solutions to C-level and senior executives.
- Execute consultative sales methodology and manage complex sales-cycles from lead identification to closure.
- Forecast sales opportunities and use CRM system effectively, and own all aspects of account management and customer relationship in assigned territory/account base.
- Contribute to achievement of company and team targets and goals.
- 3-5+ years of direct quota carrying enterprise software sales and account management experience.
- University Degree required.
- Prior experience selling IT infrastructure connectivity software is highly desirable, e.g. Host Connectivity, Terminal Emulation, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure for remote access to Linux/Unix/Windows applications, etc.
- Track record of consistent success (exceeding quota) in previous jobs.
- Sound understanding of solution selling concepts and sales methodology.
- Excellent prospecting, account management and closing skills.
- Strong telephone skills, communication and presentation skills.
- Bilingual French is a plus.