Coordinator, Volunteer and Donor Engagement
Family Promise of Greater Cleveland
Family Promise of Greater Cleveland is a non-profit agency with a 30-year history of providing services to homeless families in Greater Cleveland. The Coordinator of Volunteer & Donor Engagement is responsible for securing and overseeing volunteers; cultivating and sustaining donors; overseeing agency events; and supporting services for families engaged in the agency’s programs. This includes developing and managing relationships with the agency’s base of supporters, including individual donors, congregations and other community groups that can provide critical support to families, staff and the agency.
Hours: Part-time; with potential for full-time
- Develops, oversees and sustains relationships with individual donors and community groups, including congregations across the community, to enlist support and engage them in agency activities to benefit client families.
- Manages and maintains a volunteer database to schedule and track volunteer activities; utilizes and assists in maintaining the agency donor database.
- Actively recruits congregations and other community groups to provide meals and other services, as identified by program leadership. Works closely with program staff to understand and respond to program needs.
- Develops and conducts ongoing communications to keep individual donors, congregations and other community stakeholders engaged in providing support to Family Promise.
- Develops and undertakes an ongoing process to engage and nurture donors who provide financial support to the agency.
- Assists in managing critical supports for families served by the agency, including obtaining and organizing necessary supplies, meals, clothing, and household goods; providing set-up of family shelter living units.
- Staffs the agency’s Congregation Advisory Board meetings and assists with activities of the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Takes a leadership role in overseeing agency special events to benefit clients, acknowledge donors, and assist in sustaining the agency.
- Assists with general office functions as needed.
- Acts as an ambassador of Family Promise to promote its programs and services to community stakeholders and potential donors and supporters.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of associate degree plus three to five years in volunteer services, development, customer service, event management or a related field. Equivalent related experience will be considered.
- Proficiency with computer software to track and document work.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with exceptional attention to detail, a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Automobile and valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Part-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off