MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Client Commission Management allows Investment Managers to use a portion of the commission they pay to compensate either the executing broker or third party for eligible research and brokerage services.
The engineering team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of the business globally. As stewards of critical components in commissions and payments processing, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role changing the status quo. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring the production environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for post-trade processing
- Develop highly reliable data ingestion processes to consume large volumes of data emitted by trading and market data systems
- Design distributed computation infrastructure to run parallelized queries over large volumes of data
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it
- Communication with sales, clients, operations and controllers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience developing robust and scalable systems
- Thorough knowledge of Java programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience developing distributed architecture systems and messaging protocols
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations
- Experience consolidating, integrating and uplifting applications onto strategic platforms
- 3+ years experience in Financial industry
- Interest and knowledge of cloud technologies and tooling
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.