IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a Director of Client Services for the New York office. Working under the direct supervision of the NY Managing Directors, the Director of Client Services is responsible for pursuing major opportunities, generating profitable growth and increase local market share by sourcing new clients and project leads, while working with existing clients for new or expanded opportunities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead business development efforts by securing new and repeat business through on-call accounts. variable project pursuits and relationships with executive leadership in Fortune 1000 companies across a territory or region
- Manage the pursuit process
- Execute quarterly and annual goals, strategies and tactics to achieve objectives; continually improve business development strategies
- Attend networking events, be an active member of industry organizations, including leadership-level involvement and seek opportunities for leadership involvement
- Support development efforts, including involvement with the development of proposals, collateral, advertising, web content, branding, messaging, presentation formats, databases and public relations programs/campaigns, as needed,.
- Ability to guide the work of others.
- BA or advanced degree in marketing, sales, architecture, design or related fields
- 12+ years in progressive sales and marketing role with demonstrated experience identifying, locating, and closing large accounts and variable projects. Experience selling commercial architecture and design services required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the corporate real estate, commercial interior architecture and/or design industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing concepts, principles and strategies
- Creative, resourceful, dependable and self-directed
- Ability to build solid, profitable relationships with clients and prospective clients
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in groups and contributing ideas and opinions toward the achievement of a common goal
- Advanced level in MS Office Suite skills, including PowerPoint
- Advanced sales tracking software skills; CRM
- Design software experience preferred
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced presentation and persuasion skills
- Excellent customer (internal and external) service skills
- Exceptional prospecting and presentation skills
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Less than 30% overnight travel
For the majority of the time the Director of Client Services will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. From occasionally to frequently, individual will be required to visit a client site to perform various functions. This may require individual to bend, stretch, twist and reach. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
IA Interior Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran