We have a temporary job opening for a Windows Migration Technician in Baltimore, MD. The primary function of this position will be to configure and upgrade laptop and desktop computers.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with migrating Windows 7 to Windows 10 (large scale)
- Must be familiar with Windows 10 and upgrading process
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and/or work independently
- Excellent Communication
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Installing hardware onto laptop and desktop computers.
- Installing operating systems and software packages onto computers.
- Installing images on systems using a variety of imaging packages.
- Creating asset tags and affixing to hardware systems.
- Unpacking and setting up materials to initiate the configuration process.
- Examining materials received, verifying parts numbers and checking discrepancies such as damaged or unmarked parts.
- Performing post imaging tasks such as renaming and joining the system to a domain.
- Troubleshooting and repairing laptops and desktops that are not operational upon receipt.
- Familiar with SCCM/WSUS (Symantec Altiris is a plus)
Please apply with your resume and your required pay rate.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Windows Migration: 2 years (Required)
- Baltimore, MD (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift