The System Director of Compensation, Benefits & HRIS is responsible for building and leading Covenant's compensation systems, benefits programs, human resource information system, and compliance. This position is responsible for the design, implementation and administration of employee total rewards programs which align with Covenant's strategic objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the overall benefits program, including strategic planning, implementation, and communication of benefits that supports Covenant's talent management strategy, including oversight of annual Open Enrollment process. Manage vendor relationships, including negotiating renewals with third-party providers.
· Develop and implement Covenant's compensation philosophy and administer employee compensation programs accordingly. Ensure internal and external equity including but not limited to job analyses, salary surveys, benchmarking, market trends, and salary budgets.
· Manage all aspects of the HRIS System and monitors effective use. Partner with ITS in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades. Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes, etc.
· Track and analyze key metrics related to HR operations including trends and issues and make recommendations based upon such data.
· Oversee leave programs including Short/Long Term Disability, FMLA and others as appropriate.
· Plans and leads staffing initiatives, including recruitment, supervision, evaluation and development of staff.
· Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
· Ensure policies, guidelines and programs are appropriate and administered consistently and in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, and ensure compliance.
· Participate in significant Human Resources initiatives. Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues.
· Supports and promotes the mission and values of Covenant Health and the Catholic Health Ministry.
· Other duties as consistent with this role.
Job knowledge and skills
· Demonstrable commitment to the highest standard of ethical and professional conduct
· Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills; skilled in facilitation, presentation and negotiation.
· Outstanding organizational and project management abilities.
· Analytical and problem solving skills and excellent judgment a must
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook) and database management.
· Ability to work under pressure and challenging deadlines and adaptability and flexibility required.
· Knowledge of all federal and state laws regarding employment
· Knowledge of retirement and health and welfare plan design and administration.
Education & Experience
· BA in Human Resources or similar field; advanced degree/certification a plus
· At least 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in Human Resources
An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.