We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play a reality, and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion.
As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
As Technical Animator, runtime fidelity of character motion is your highest priority. You will contribute to the development of animation tools, processes and pipelines. Working closely with animation system and project teams, you develop and implement new ideas and solutions. All while helping to bridge the challenges between animation and design.
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Animator within the games industry
- Ability to create tools that increase quality and efficiency of animation assets and streamline productivity
- Proficiency with 3D graphics software (Maya and Motion Builder preferred)
- Understanding of animation principals and runtime animation techniques
- Strong knowledge of animation systems such as ANT, Morpheme, Mecanim and Unreal
- Experience with engine based procedural animation techniques
- Mature understanding of object oriented languages such as Python and C#
- Self-driven team player that thrives in ambiguity
- Think creatively to solve technical challenges and limitations
- Good communication, organization and time management
- Be an expert at our proprietary animation engine and help bring our characters to life through designing and building complex blend trees, layering and state machines
- Seek out and resolve technical animation problems and challenges throughout production – from content creation to runtime
- Collaborate with Animators, Designers and Programmers to develop runtime animation features
- Collaborate with other Technical Artists to ensure consistent technology and content
- Collaborate with content creators to improve their efficiency
- Collaborate with engine and project teams to build features and solve problems
- Support animators and communicate their technical needs
- Support content creation and integration of game assets
- Help develop and enforce content creation and performance guidelines through tools, documentation and communication
- Advance animation quality through pursuit and development of improved content creation methods
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.