Sivananthan Laboratories is on the cutting edge of research and development of intelligent and automatic-decision making sensors and imagers. Constant innovation of its technologies provides state-of-the-art infrared imagers to U.S. defense and commercial customers. Join our dedicated and talented team of innovators in achieving our mission to “protect those who protect us.”
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The successful candidate will provide optical modeling and simulation support to projects on sensing and imaging.
The successful candidate will specifically:
- Use COMSOL to study electromagnetic light propagation in dielectric stacks and metasurfaces. (Multi-physics; Wave optics, RF modules)
- Use COMSOL to study time-dependent I-V characteristics of bulk and structured photoconductors. (Multi-physics; AC-DC and semiconductor modules)
- Ability to use optical propagation freeware codes such as MEEP.
- Work closely with experimental physicists and engineers, and provide theoretical support.
- Write R&D-level proposals for optical materials and device technology advancements.
- Present R&D results at conferences and publish papers.
- Demonstrated experience in using COMSOL for optical, dielectric, electromagnetic, and device simulations.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling nanostructured materials and metasurfaces.
- Knowledge of solid state fundamentals and optical, dielectric, electronic and transport properties.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong organization skills with an attention to detail, and excellent documentation capability.
- Advanced level computer skills in MS Office, Linux, MatLab, Python.
- Candidate should be enthusiastic and highly self-motivated.
- Doctoral degree in Physics, Materials Science, Optics, or relevant engineering discipline
· Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off