Service Contract Act
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Percentage of Travel Required:
Up to 10%
Type of Travel:
Civil Rights Division – Supervisory Clerical
Working with CACI to assist the mission of the US Department of Justice, Housing and Civil Enforcement Section
What You’ll Get to Do:
More About the Role:
- Works independently to provide executive level administrative support
- Oversees the development and dissemination of information on behalf of Unit leadership
- Manages the calendar of the Deputy Chief(s)
- Schedules meetings, trainings, and assists with Section-sponsored conferences
- Creates agendas, coordinates and distributes materials, and takes notes during meetings
- Tracks case-related data and information and provides reports to the Deputy Chief(s) on a regular basis
- Retrieves voicemail as necessary
- Processes AG and AAG memos
- Makes travel arrangements in E2 and completes 1164 for staff members as necessary
- Logs incoming mail
- Formats and edits
Directs and supervises clerical staff in performing support
functions such as photocopying, courier/ delivery services, document retrieval, faxing
information, etc. Performs quality control and ensures timely delivery of all specified
deliverables. Tracks progress of all clerical activities and reports status to appropriate Contractor
manager. Arranges routine and emergency servicing and maintenance of office equipment.
Oversees the organization and maintenance of correspondence files.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including PCs,
printers, photocopiers, scanners, telephone systems, fax machines, numbering and binding equipment, etc.
Must be able to print clearly.
Attention to detail very important; ability to work well in a team environment very important; ability to read and follow instructions explicitly very
Ability to prioritize work for a number of people. Good oral and written
High school diploma or GED required.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before starting employment with CACI.