The Transportation Specialist /Record Center Specialist is a hybrid role at Access that is responsible for the safe and legal driving of Access vehicles and coordinating the delivery and pick up of critical client documents & media in a timely, courteous, and professional manner. When not driving to and from client sites, the TS/RCS also serves customers by maintaining and processing physical assets stored in our Records Center.
What the Job Involves:
- Responsible for driving responsibilities on all routes, by providing effective and timely delivery and pick-up of client materials in accordance with company policy and customer requirements.
- Responsible for loading, unloading material and media as required, at both company and client locations with the use of flatbeds and hand trucks. * Utilize all equipment in a safe and practical manner following company policies and standards.
- Ensure that all driver paperwork is submitted accurately, legibly and on-time each day.
- Ensure that PDT Communicate & Process steps are completed daily for all Assigned Work Orders.
- Handle all physical requirements for loading, unloading, transporting & driving without assistance.
- Maintain a clean and organized vehicle, pursuant to company standards.
- Process all types of daily incoming work orders and rush orders from Client Services; scan carton barcodes and locations.
- Investigate and resolve any order discrepancy for incoming or outgoing orders; manifest all orders, bundle and prepare for shipment.
- Process client onsite record reviews.
- Retrieve files, containers, and tapes on a daily basis.
- Put up files (within 48 hours of receipt), containers (within 24 hours of receipt), and tapes (within 24 hours of receipt) in a timely basis, and in accordance with company operating procedures.
- Assist in loading and unloading company trucks and vans.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years of route transportation experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and must be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse screening, a background check, and DOT physical.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate safe and efficient driving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must have excellent driving record.
- Must have customer-focused attitude.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately, while understanding the importance of detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully handle competing demands.
- Ability to clearly communicate in reading, writing, and speaking.
Physical Requirements (lifting, etc.):
- Routine lifting of 20-60 pounds (100-500 containers per day).
- Grip, lift, push, pull, and carry wheeled, plastic bins over, up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations.
- Overhead reaching.
- Routine bending and stretching.
- Routine pushing and pulling.
- Climb/step into a truck or cab.
- Must tolerate occasional periods of maintaining entire body in erect posture with static weight bearing on one or both legs.
- Must tolerate constant periods of resting without change in position.
- Must tolerate occasional periods of moving the entire body from one location to another with the use of legs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. EEO/AA/Minorities/Females
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan