Operational Risk Modeling Manager-180010666
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Join our dynamic and growing team! Do you have a quantitative background in Econometrics, along with leadership and supervisory experience? U.S. Bank’s Corporate Treasury quant team is seeking a strong leader who will be responsible for managing a team of quantitative analysts responsible for CCAR operational risk modeling and navigating the operational risk capital transition process from AMA to SMA. This role establishes and maintains a short and medium term research agenda to support the needs of Corporate Treasury & senior management and contributes to the education of corporate and business line managers on op risk quantification and related performance measures. This position also oversees the development of documentation and presentations for second line internal review and government regulators.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Lead, develop, implement and maintain the CCAR Operational Risk Capital models for the Bank; The model building includes, but is not limited to the acquisition of financial data (internal and external), design and implementation of multiple models that are linked to macroeconomic scenarios as provided by the Federal Reserve or internally developed by the bank, or that quantify the behavior of products in varying economic conditions over time.
- Play the leading role in the relationship with Banking Regulators for the Operational Risk CCAR modeling approach.
- Lead, conduct research and development of quantitative econometric models for forecasting operational risk.
- Supervise a team of 4 analysts, offering guidance, managing expectations, conducting performance reviews, and mentoring.
- Partner with the lines of business, corporate functions, and financial planning to enhance understanding of model risk relating to corporate risk models and ensure transparency of models used in their respective areas.
- Assist the SVP to ensure all models developed meet the Model Risk Corporate Standard, including defining the scope of the model, modeling requirements, and the standards.
- Provide project management expertise to research and implement best practices, including regularly reviewing methodologies; Support the SVP in the development and execution of overall work plan.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, and 10 or more years of experience in statistical modeling
- MA/MS/PhD, and eight or more years of experience in statistical modeling
- Experience leading a quantitative team
- Strong Econometrics background, including model building and hands-on experience with Operational Risk Stress Testing- AMA (Advanced Measurement Approach) modeling experience
- Financial Services’ experience, to include developing quantitative models for: CCAR, capital planning, liquidity, and risk management
- Strong technical skills, to include: SAS, Matlab, SQL, Excel
Accounting / Finance
1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week 40