Chemtec Energy Services, an L.B. Foster Company, is a major manufacturer and turnkey provider of blending, injection and metering equipment for the oil and gas industry. Since 1999, Chemtec is a leading worldwide supplier of additive and dye injection equipment. Our team manufactures custom fabricated systems for upstream, midstream and downstream petroleum applications.
At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our workforce and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
Chemtec Energy Services is in immediate need of a Pipe Welder.
- Works from drawings, sketches, welding symbols, specifications, and instructions that are either basic in nature or fully explained.
- Sets up and operates metal arc welding equipment to perform routine MIG and TIG welding operations.
- Sets current, gas pressures, and regulates pressure controls.
- Selects rod, wire, tips, and electrodes for specific operation to be performed.
- Fits and positions parts in accordance with drawing specification, positions and secures holding devices and tack welds as necessary.
- Uses care to lay a smooth bead to obtain proper penetration and fusion, avoids burning or distortion of metal, detects defective material, unusual conditions or operating difficulties for reporting to supervisor.
- Assists other departmental employees in fitting and positioning parts.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs associated duties or related work as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of commonly-used welding techniques
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction and procedure manual
- Basic math skills
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Good visual acuity
- Ability to prioritize and use time efficiently
- A focus on problem solving, safety and teamwork
In return, we offer an opportunity to build a solid career with competitive compensation and a very attractive benefits package, including health care coverage on the first of the month after hire and a market-leading 401(k) program.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.lbfoster.com