As many of you who have read my job descriptions before will know, my name is Tom Welke. I am Partner & VP at RSM Solutions and about 99% of my time is spent customer-facing. That being said, I am more interested in 'fit' than anything else. Also, their are no layers between me and my clients.
This particular client is one of my absolute favorites to work with. They are fair, honest, direct with their expectations, and will not leave you hanging with regard to how you are performing. They enjoy individuals who think things through as opposed to individuals who just do as they are told. They enjoy working with individuals who want to learn their business, and encourage curiosity and new ways and methods of doing things.
This role CAN be done remotely.
6-8 weeks (could extend, but I don’t want to promise)
Skill Set Needed: We are seeking a skilled SSRS Developer. You will be working on reports that focus on Operations with a little Finance mixed in (fun stuff like reporting off of open orders, WIP, employee counts, employee costs, retention, etc…). This role could extend, but I don’t want to over-promise and under deliver on that (the last contractor this client worked with was extended for a couple years). Some reports need modifications to them, and their will be some new reporting done as well. If you have some familiarity with SSAS and SSIS, that would be good to see as well. In addition to this, we are in need of some Sql Server analysis work and some web services work that need to be done as well. We will need some Sql experience as well when it comes to stuff like stored procedures, queries, and cleaning up some of that Sql data (for example, working with cleaning up naming conventions, etc..). And, finally, if you have some exposure or experience with Power BI, that would be great to see.
Here are the requirements for the role:
- Experience with SSRS…from the perspective of taking a look at what reports a client has, how to modify them and how to recreate them (if needed).
- Experience with Sql from the perspective of experience with looking at queries, how Sql is structured, and any modifications that need to be made to the Sql database.
- Web Services experience…this should include experience with REST and SOAP.
- BI Reporting experience…from the perspective of pealing back the onion to understand what problem is trying to be solved, and then working back from there.
- Any PowerBI experience would be good to see (but it is not absolutely essential).
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $60.00 /hour
- SSRS: 4 years (Preferred)
- Sql Queries: 4 years (Preferred)
- Sql Stored Procedures: 4 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture